You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

DAVID MOYES

bazzer61bazzer61 Member Posts: 404
edited April 2014 in The Football Corner
BE IT ON YOUR OWN HEADS GLAZER BROTHERS.
MOYES DID NOT GET NEAR ENOUGH TIME,AS I SEE IT ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS WAS THE SHARE PRICE,AND POSSIBLE REACTION FROM SHAREHOLDERS/SPONSORS.
RYAN GIGGS AS MANAGER-NO *******WAY,HE,S NEVER MANAGED BEFORE.
I'VE GOT ONE OR TWO IN MIND TO TAKE OVER,AND VAN GAAL ISN'T ONE OF THEM.
WHOEVER IT IS WILL; NEED TO BE MADE OF CAST IRON.
I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO HEAR SIR ALEX'S REACTION,AS HE RECOMMENDED DAVID MOYES.
COME ON THEN GUYS,WHO'S THE NEW MANAGER ?

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,308
    edited April 2014
    If they want a title within 3 years with the mess they are in the only choice is Mourinho and it would take him two years to do it. They can write off next season already. 

People should also look at how many players they need.  A few I would suggest. Fergies reign was not synonymous with mass transfers but bringing in the right player at the right time. ie 
    Cantona, Rooney, Van Persie

Wholesale changes which United need will for one, cost a lot more than the proffered 200million budget  and secondly it takes a lot of time for them to gel.

Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra at end of careers so that's three they need cause currently none of the "replacements" are good enough.

At least two top quality midfielders and a striker to back up Van Persie and Rooney.

200million divided by six = 33 million average. Doesn't buy you much nowadays.

Ok they might get some money for the ones going out but nothing like as much as they need the other way.
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited April 2014
    The board must take a long look at where they are and where they need to be theyve got to look at the squad they have a say how many of these players would make the first 11 at Bayern,realor barcalona?
    RVP and thats about it.
    So they need about £300 million and about 3 years.
    Also they need a manager with big club experience.
    Wouldnt surprise me if the glazers try to sell there shares before they fall futher.
    Mouriniho first choice if not Jurgen Klopp
  • Options
    Matt237Matt237 Member Posts: 1,785
    edited April 2014
    Klopp definite first choice.
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited April 2014
    pep guardiola would by number 1 choice but hes at bayern for another 2 years, he says and has no plans on leaving and why would he really, my other choice would be jurgen klopp who plays a brand of football that man utd fans would love but again he has no plans to leave dortmund untill his contract is up and when he says hes not leaving then he means it cos hes as loyal as they come. 

regarding moyes he has been treated very poorley but he hasnt helped himself one bit either, his style of management is not what man utd are all about, he dosent seem capable of handling the big players either, its quite clear he lost the dressing room and had no chance of getting it back, at least 7 or 8 playerss were not giving there all and pretty much downed tools to be honest, obviously his plan was to get rid of these people this summer but he hasnt be allowed to carry out his plans, i know one thing for sure though i dont think i could trust him with bundle of money to spend wisely on the players we need.

they need a world class centre half who is experienced and can help bring on the likes of phil jones and jonny evans, there crying out for a new left back aswell, evra has been a brilliant servant to man utd but hes cost us so many games this year its unreal, 2 central midfielders is a must, one with pace power and ability to stop people just cutting threw us like butter and another player who can control a football match like scholes used to do and alson get into the opposing box and score goals something which moyes hates his midfielders doing. also a new winger aswell someone with real pace and abiltiy that can terrify teams. were probably gonna lose one of welbeck and chicharito but  not both but we have young kid by the name of james wilson coming threw (remember the name), watched him play a few times for the 21s this year, hes a future star for sure and id bring him into the first team squad next year.
  • Options
    keithdalykeithdaly Member Posts: 183
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: DAVID MOYES:
    pep guardiola would by number 1 choice but hes at bayern for another 2 years, he says and has no plans on leaving and why would he really, my other choice would be jurgen klopp who plays a brand of football that man utd fans would love but again he has no plans to leave dortmund untill his contract is up and when he says hes not leaving then he means it cos hes as loyal as they come.  regarding moyes he has been treated very poorley but he hasnt helped himself one bit either, his style of management is not what man utd are all about, he dosent seem capable of handling the big players either, its quite clear he lost the dressing room and had no chance of getting it back, at least 7 or 8 playerss were not giving there all and pretty much downed tools to be honest, obviously his plan was to get rid of these people this summer but he hasnt be allowed to carry out his plans, i know one thing for sure though i dont think i could trust him with bundle of money to spend wisely on the players we need. they need a world class centre half who is experienced and can help bring on the likes of phil jones and jonny evans, there crying out for a new left back aswell, evra has been a brilliant servant to man utd but hes cost us so many games this year its unreal, 2 central midfielders is a must, one with pace power and ability to stop people just cutting threw us like butter and another player who can control a football match like scholes used to do and alson get into the opposing box and score goals something which moyes hates his midfielders doing. also a new winger aswell someone with real pace and abiltiy that can terrify teams. were probably gonna lose one of welbeck and chicharito but  not both but we have young kid by the name of james wilson coming threw (remember the name), watched him play a few times for the 21s this year, hes a future star for sure and id bring him into the first team squad next year.
    Posted by THEROCK573

yeah im a big fan of james wilson aswell 

• Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: DAVID MOYES : yeah im a big fan of james wilson aswell 
    Posted by keithdaly
    class mate, everything you want in a striker. hope giggs gives him some minutes to see how he peforms in the first team, nothing to lose mite aswell.
  • Options
    bazzer61bazzer61 Member Posts: 404
    edited April 2014
    WHY WHY WHY ARE ALL THE CHOICES OVERSEAS MANAGERS?????
    THERE'S PLENTY OF BRITS COULD DO THE JOB.
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited April 2014
    WHY WHY WHY ARE ALL THE CHOICES OVERSEAS MANAGERS????? THERE'S PLENTY OF BRITS COULD DO THE JOB.
    Posted by bazzer61
    is there?? brendan Rogers is the only quality british manager atm and hes about as likely to go to united as me being a season ticket holder at parkhead next year. 

I said last year united need to sign certain players. Alot of bids where rejected but they wouldn't have been anywhere close to the kinda guys i wud have signed. (except baines) 

moyes didnt do as bad as many suggest. But he didnt do well either and i didnt see any signs of improvement.