You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Your views please

CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,805
edited April 2014 in Strategy
History - Villian (H) is an active player who probably thinks I'm solid.

My thoughts. I raised pre in position for value. I check flop as I think I'm well ahead here and its such a dry rainbow flop. I bet small on turn as I think I'm well ahead and I want to get some value from say a 10 or a turned FD or a PP and give him a chance to raise bluff(which he will do). He then quickly leads into me on the river and I suddenly cant see how i'm ahead now. I dont think this is ever a bluff and at time I though it was more likely a rivered 2 pair hand. I fold. He shows a rivered set.

I then get a bit of abuse that I played it wrong but I think I was never getting 3 streets of value and probably getting a fold on the flop. If the river was a brick then I still think I'm getting calls from some PP's, 10's and weaker Aces.

Thoughts?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
blackcobraBig blind £0.10£0.10£22.96
 Your hole cards
  • Qd
  • Ac

silvaladyFold    
tgmtelFold    
HRaise £0.30£0.40£20.16
CraigSG1 DRaise £1.00£1.40£27.98
blackcobraFold    
HCall £0.70£2.10£19.46
Flop

• 10c
  • Ah
  • 5d

HCheck    
CraigSG1Check    
Turn

• 4d

HCheck    
CraigSG1Bet £0.60£2.70£27.38
HCall £0.60£3.30£18.86
River

• 9s

HBet £2.20£5.50£16.66
CraigSG1Fold    
HShow
  • 9h
  • 9c

HWin £3.05 £19.71
HReturn £2.20£0.25£21.91

Comments

• freshfish1freshfish1 Member Posts: 127
    edited April 2014
    Here's my view for you Craig.

3bet pre is fine although flatting is an option too as you have position and a fairly well disguised hand. I find that many peoples calling ranges of 3bets whether in or out of position tend to fall into 2 groups of hands. Any PP up to and including JJ in some cases and suited connectors or semi connectors up to hands like KJ/KQs. Most people will 4bet QQ+ and AK although you do get the odd player who thinks he's laying a trap.
    Check on flop is fine although I think a cbet is fine too.
    After the checked flop though I think we've gotta bet bigger on the turn, say £1.50 or so. We want to charge any potential draw and if he does have a worse ace get more money in the pot.
    On the river I think I sigh call and see. If you're gonna fold tp 2nd best kicker to a 2/3 river lead in a not particularly bloated pot then that could be very exploitable to a good player down here, a bit too nitty imo. The only reasonable 2p hand looks like T9s or possibly a slow played ATs otf. Worth paying £2.20 to see if he calls 3bets oop pre with hands like A9s+ or pairs (as it happens you got it for free - what a bargain!)
  • HYPETINGHYPETING Member Posts: 253
    edited April 2014
    :)

3bet pre is good.

100% have to bet flop, your missing out on so much value here in the long run.

Turn, you have to bet more. I like £1.40.

• 77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited April 2014

Pre and flop are fine. I personally prefer betting flop but checking isn't a mistake imo.

Turn needs to be like 1.20 - 1.30

As played river is a snap call. You have under repped your hand so much. Don't be results orientated because this time he had a set.

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Your views please:
    Pre and flop are fine. I personally prefer betting flop but checking isn't a mistake imo. Turn needs to be like 1.20 - 1.30 As played river is a snap call. You have under repped your hand so much. Don't be results orientated because this time he had a set.
    Posted by 77Chris91
    This.

Surely we check back the flop to disguise our hand (to a degree) and thus call them when they take a stab on a later street?

Probs just bet the flop mostly, though occasionally might check it, or the turn, behind. Then value own myself on the river innit.
  • CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,805
    edited April 2014
    Thanks. I dont mind checking flop as i c-bet a lot but should have bet turn bigger. Still not sure about river, as at the time just didnt feel like I was ahead.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited April 2014
    Thanks. I dont mind checking flop as i c-bet a lot but should have bet turn bigger. Still not sure about river, as at the time just didnt feel like I was ahead.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Is this not a good reason to cbet? If people ain't gonna believe you when you have the goods, make them pay....
  • CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,805
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Your views please : Is this not a good reason to cbet? If people ain't gonna believe you when you have the goods, make them pay....
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I know what your saying but I mix it up a lot. It all depends on what ive done a lot of over last few hands. Just trying to ballance the hands I check flop with from nothing to big peices.