You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Diary of a my UKPC main attempt

Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
edited May 2014 in The Sky Poker Tour
I have decided that this August UKPC is an event I love the sound of and want to try get in on the cheap! I have put aside £450. I want to leave £250 for the mini so gives me £200 to try get in.  As a rec player would love some advise on best way to give my self the chance to get in.
My thinking was play a few of the £10 sat's or should I go for the £2 ones first?
Should I leave some behin to buy into a semi? Or would it be better idea to try make the money from the sat's and cash out to work up a bankroll?
I will also be posting some hands up as and when I run into a situation I am not sure of, so any help would be great. And as a New member of the best poker team TPT  need to make a positive start :) 

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    edited April 2014

Good luck Nuggy, hope you make it to the 6-Max UKPC, I think the £250 "Mini" will get a monster field.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Diary of a my UKPC main attempt:
    Good luck Nuggy, hope you make it to the 6-Max UKPC, I think the £250 "Mini" will get a monster field.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks TIkay

My 30th this year so I asked for what every man approaching a mid life crisis wants from his wife - a free pass to a huge poker tourney!  She said yes to my amazement and now I am counting down the days.  

When scotty77 takes both down will he get the sky jackpot bonus too? Thinking of getting a piece of him! 

• Options
    edited April 2014
    So - today I started and played my first sat since posting this

a risky but cheap £1.20 sat into the 1/4 final - where there was 21 runners - two places up for grabs.

Solid start and few moves later had a healthy 4k.  One crazy hand saw 3 way all in on the flop - set of KK, two pair KQ and nut flush draw.  KKK held up and before you knew it down to two tables with one massive stack and myself average after avoiding the multiway all in.

Got to final table withouot too much trouble and then it became a sit and go like format.  PLayeed aggerssive and was very active.  Was card dead for a while but had to eep pushing as blinds started moving up and up like the late stages of a DYM.

Short stack doubled up on me a few times, i took a big hit when in the SB they shoved A6s into my AQ and rivered flush.

Got revenge a bit later though

Needless to say when it went down to 4, the money bubble - feeling like I had an edge at this level - I pushed up a few gears and got aggressive shoving any 2 as all the stacks were very similar.  Then when down to 3 - a miracle - look at my BB and see KK - and unlike last few rounds, chip leader shoves on me - deep breath and a call theey turn over 55 - i hold up nicely

The once chip leader shoves next hand (blinds 1k,2k and they had 5.5k,) after going into the tank the BB calls and show A8 v A6 - flop 86x and A8 holds.

Onto the 1/4's at 19:15  would love the story to be qualified for £1!!!

Flying the micro stakes flag!!
  • Options
    dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
    edited April 2014
    Very best of luck to you Nuggy, keep the updates coming please. 
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Nuggy962254451UKPC Quarter Final
    Had to put this on hold - luckily I had Brought in so had to cancel this one

Will register for tomorrows 19:15 - hopefully a nice big field as the final is tomorrow too

Will keep the updates coming - good or bad ;-)
  • Options
    jjjachjjjach Member Posts: 3,393
    edited April 2014
    Gl nuggy.Hope you make it.
  • Options
    mrsduckmrsduck Member Posts: 1,901
    edited April 2014
    GL Nuggy, this is really exciting! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks all

into the 1/4 with the money I own from the Sat that I could not play

Confidence boosting 3rd place for £90 total in 600 BH earlier - hopefully will run good

keep you posted

• Options
    edited April 2014
    So I played the day badly, only getting into one hand, flopped open ender and bluffed on the end but got snapped up by top two pair.

Not to be down beat -aye not in first week but many to go :)

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Attempted another 1/4 last night - ran ok but got it in good and lost the coin flip

Still - only Spent £12 so far so happy chappy!

Got a free weekend so will be going for it this weekend! 

All though the great promo's sky are offering also - hoping to take down a main event and get in that way (Ok , that's a bit opptormistic :-)
  • Options
    daiwdaiw Member Posts: 298
    edited May 2014
    gl nuggy play alot of diferent sats also to get use to the way it plays.
    all best
  • Options
    alex1229alex1229 Member Posts: 680
    edited May 2014
    GL

I managed to get in for £10, so its definetly do able to get in on the cheap

I started with the £10 1/4 i like the sats where its 1 in 5 get a seat, i'd stick to them ones, just play tight, and wait for the right spots, i never got to wild, or chased hands and managed to get into the final where it was one of the longest bubles ever as you could imagine.

Im looking forward to it!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Wow

well donr Alex that is great!!  Look forward to seeing you there - I will be playing the mini whatever!!

Good advice - I agree the 1 in 5 offers a better shot - 1 in 10 is a little tricky for my level of play lol

• Options
    edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Diary of a my UKPC main attempt:
    gl nuggy play alot of diferent sats also to get use to the way it plays. all best
    Posted by daiw
    Thanks fella!! Will do :-)

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Thanks to the lovely Anna and TK I have got to the Semi tomorrow night!!

Now that would be lovely - getting there for nothing!

Very excited for tomorrow

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Had a blast in the event!

Ran deep - got to final 7 and had good stack - 5 got paid and 4 went through

Having a good battle 3 handed with MacMonster - stealing my blind often - I pick up AK - Make a raise - he reraises like had done often - i think this is great and my chance to make him fold a bigger pot...... But alas - He had a hand for once too - KK

Great time though and glad I put the free buy in I won from last nights competition to good use

Looking forward to starting from the bottom again and working my way up to the semi and hopefully one further - the final!