You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Best man speech

THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
edited June 2014 in The Rail
anyone ever been best man at a wedding? need some tips for my speech. dont get bothered by much but pretty nervous to be honest about this

Comments

• Options
    day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    edited May 2014
    I have done it pal.
    Was nervous at first but went well in the end.
    I think people over think it sometimes.
    Pretty simple just a couple of pointers.
    1)Start by welcoming everyone
    2)Maybe how you and the groom met
    3) First time you met the bride
    4)How happy they are together
    5)How beautiful the bridesmaid look ! (Don't forget this )
    6)Wish everyone a great night

Always found this line useful if your single

"I hope I find someone who makes me as happy as the bride does to the groom"

Maybe a story or two but go easy on the jokes.Real speeches are nothing like in the movies

Gl Pal

• Options
    davelufcdavelufc Member Posts: 1,370
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Best man speech:
    I have done it pal. Was nervous at first but went well in the end. I think people over think it sometimes. Pretty simple just a couple of pointers. 1)Start by welcoming everyone 2)Maybe how you and the groom met 3) First time you met the bride 4)How happy they are together 5)How beautiful the bridesmaid look ! (Don't forget this ) 6)Wish everyone a great night Always found this line useful if your single "I hope I find someone who makes me as happy as the bride does to the groom" Maybe a story or two but go easy on the jokes.Real speeches are nothing like in the movies Gl Pal
    Posted by day4eire76

Good Tips Pat!!!!

Few Good Books about!!....i got one, will try dig it out or remember title.

Be Relaxed, Focus on GOOD DELIVERY!! Practice to a Small Group maybe, in Big room!

Soak ANY Applause, hopefully...lol, wait for it to die, then redeliver postivly!

Anticipate ANY HECKLERS, i had many, lol!
    Devise retorts to Individuals in advance, YOU KNOW WHO THEY WILL BE!! LOL!!

Relax, Enjoy!

You wont go to Prison for any Small Errors.... they could turn out to be funniest bits!