You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Line check

grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
edited July 2014 in Strategy
Dealt to hero [Js Ac].  No reads
Hero (mp): raises $0.50 to $0.75
Co calls $0.75
Btn: calls $0.75
*** FLOP *** [6h 4d As]
beano2003: bets $1.50
Co calls $1.50
Btn: folds 
*** TURN *** [6h 4d As] [3s]
Hero: checks 
Co: bets $3.25
Hero: calls $3.25
*** RIVER *** [6h 4d As 3s] [8s]
Hero: checks 
Co: bets $7. Hero?
Thoughts on turn check and river action

Comments

• bearlytherbearlyther Member Posts: 1,757
    edited July 2014

Seems like high cards to me high suited cards would make sense with the nut flush draw ak makes sense here.
  • percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804
    edited July 2014
    I'd bet turn but as played riv is easy call
  • grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    edited July 2014
    yeah I usually bet turn

My question really is does checking the turn just put me in too many tricky spots on river

I called this, but I really wanted to fold, he had a flopped set and for some reason I was pretty sure he had it. Not much missed there, not sure he bets worse As
  • BorinLonerBorinLoner Member Posts: 3,863
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Line check:
    yeah I usually bet turn My question really is does checking the turn just put me in too many tricky spots on river I called this, but I really wanted to fold, he had a flopped set and for some reason I was pretty sure he had it. Not much missed there, not sure he bets worse As
    Posted by grantorino
    You cap your range on the turn. I wouldn't do that with AJ here unless there's a fair amount of history of us giving up down the streets or of him not paying off three streets light. Most people will know that you can't be that strong when you check-call the turn, so it becomes a question of dynamics between you.

Without history it's hard to say what we should be doing. I'd guess we're checking turn to let him bluff, so let him bluff and snap him off with the top of our bluff-catching range. (we're going to value bet AQ on the turn, right?) Otherwise we're checking because he doesn't pay us off on multiple streets, so what does it mean when he doesn't check behind at least one street?
  • 77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited July 2014
    No draw missed. No worse Ax bets river. You need villain to be turning pairs into bluffs. Easy explo fold.