You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Help needed!

thislteduthisltedu Member Posts: 398
edited August 2014 in The Sky Poker Tour

So I thought I would play the £2.30 UKPC sat on Sunday afternoon for a bit of fun. Somehow 9 hours later I had won a seat to the main event.

Now my problem is that my maximum direct buy-in to date is £11 so I am very much out of my depth going to Nottingham.

Can anyone advise me on how to learn to play a deep stack major tournament in 2 months!

What books, websites (apart from Sky Poker of course), DVDs can anyone recommend?

I have managed to satellite into two main events. The first I was like a startled deer in the headlights and went out early the second I managed to cash. I don’t want to be like the first in Nottingham.

Don

Comments

• Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited June 2014
    Many congrats Don

The best advice is to just enjoy it.  Never worry about going out early, everyone's done that from time to time.  Just play your spots as they come up.

If you are worried about live play pop to DTD for their £15 games, just to get a feel.

Best of luck and see you there.
  • Options
    Sir-GarySir-Gary Member Posts: 1,052
    edited June 2014
    Well done on getting there, the most important thing is to have fun and relax.
    As the play is so much slower live than online the 1 hour blind levels do't play much differnt to 10-12 minutes blinds online. Say Hi to me I am there as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Help needed!:
    Well done on getting there, the most important thing is to have fun and relax. As the play is so much slower live than online the 1 hour blind levels do't play much differnt to 10-12 minutes blinds online. Say Hi to me I am there as well.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the advice. Look forward to seeing you in Nottingham.
    Don
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    edited June 2014

Hi Don,

Wowzer, well done!

Arrive early, come see me, & if I can't assist you, I know a man who can.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hi Don, Wowzer, well done! Arrive early, come see me, & if I can't assist you, I know a man who can.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks TK will do.
  • Options
    JagannathaJagannatha Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    Congratulations, man! I hope you enjoy it and do well. As for books, this one by Jonathan Little has a lot about deep-stacked tournament play in it:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Congratulations, man! I hope you enjoy it and do well. As for books, this one by Jonathan Little has a lot about deep-stacked tournament play in it: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Secrets-Professional-Tournament-Poker-Fundamentals/dp/190446856X
    Posted by Jagannatha

Many thanks for that I'll look it up.

Don
  • Options
    jacque1976jacque1976 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    can anyone help me where i go to find passwords for tournaments freerolls

• Options
    Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited July 2014
    Social is on facebook and twitter - the ones in lobby are poker player ones - passwords up on their webpage when you can register