You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

unable to reraise to isolate

MohicanMohican Member Posts: 1,421
edited January 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Anyone else have this problem. Utg with pocket 9's, raise to 4x, Utg+1 calls then short stack reraises for another
7p on top all in.(what i wanted) Now i want to reraise all in to isolate but the my only options are the call or fold buttons. Have to calll, UTG+1 calls. Flop comes j j x, don't like it check and uTG+1 raises i fold and he shows 4 4 and wins. This has happened four or five times and has cost me money.Is it just me that has this problem?
tried contacting sky customer support but they were busy tonight.

Comments

• Options
    TheAAcesTheAAces Member Posts: 77
    edited January 2010
    In Response to unable to reraise to isolate:
    Anyone else have this problem. Utg with pocket 9's, raise to 4x, Utg+1 calls then short stack reraises for another 7p on top all in.(what i wanted) Now i want to reraise all in to isolate but the my only options are the call or fold buttons. Have to calll, UTG+1 calls. Flop comes j j x, don't like it check and uTG+1 raises i fold and he shows 4 4 and wins. This has happened four or five times and has cost me money.Is it just me that has this problem? tried contacting sky customer support but they were busy tonight.
    Posted by Mohican
    You can't reraise because the 7p "reraise" by the shortie is classed as an under raise if the short stack had enough to constitute a proper reraise which in this case would have to be 4x BB on top of what you have raised and the other guy has called then that would reopen the betting and then you could reraise to isolate.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited January 2010
    Next time in situation like this, try a raise that is small enough to make his reraise all in a full raise, then you can raise to isolate, a min raise here would have done the job---gl
  • Options
    MohicanMohican Member Posts: 1,421
    edited January 2010
    Cheers chaps, cleared it up for me. I'll bear it in mind next time and adjust accordingly. Caused me some frustration when it's happened.
    regards,
    Mohican.