You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Headaches

bandy72bandy72 Member Posts: 10
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
A strange one for you poker pals...i play on line on my laptop and after a while i get a thumping headache something to do with the screen i think?. any comments on  how people deal with this playing for a long period on line

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

A week or 2 ago I would have looked at this post and laughed! But after coming down with a cold on boxing day, I know exactly what u mean!!! I cant go out n drink coz I feel dizzy and legless after 1 pint, I cant stay in drink coffee and play poker, coz I feel dizzy after ten minutes looking at the screen!!

Never had any probs before tho....Im not sure theres anything u can do about it?

I wonder if theres a way to make the table fill the full laptop screen? Like the opposite to mini view? Then u cud sit further away from the laptop. Mind u'd have to stand up and walk 10 yards everytime the actions on u! haha. -Pass!

Any docs on here? lol

DOHH
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Headaches:
    A week or 2 ago I would have looked at this post and laughed! But after coming down with a cold on boxing day, I know exactly what u mean!!! I cant go out n drink coz I feel dizzy and legless after 1 pint, I cant stay in drink coffee and play poker, coz I feel dizzy after ten minutes looking at the screen!! Never had any probs before tho....Im not sure theres anything u can do about it? I wonder if theres a way to make the table fill the full laptop screen? Like the opposite to mini view? Then u cud sit further away from the laptop. Mind u'd have to stand up and walk 10 yards everytime the actions on u! haha. -Pass! Any docs on here? lol DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Nice reply Dohhh
    I said it was a strange one lol;0)
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Headaches:
    A strange one for you poker pals...i play on line on my laptop and after a while i get a thumping headache something to do with the screen i think?. any comments on  how people deal with this playing for a long period on line
    Posted by bandy72
    Hi Bandy

It isnt all that strange actualy, you will probably find that a lot of people do get headache sat in front of a monitor for long periods of time, I beleive to help solve it, you need to take a 10-15 min break, obviously if you are in a tourny it allows you a 5 min break, but leave the pc for a while, then go back it aleviates the stress on you eyes, if you were to work in an office you wold have to take a break, Health and safety :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Well all the time that I'm playing poker I'm watching tele at the same time, so Im switching constantly from summat thats right under my nose to summat thats a long way away, insted of zooming in constantly on here, maybe that helps? - Or maybe it makes it even worse!!

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for your ideas will be taking breaks from now on
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited January 2010
    Have you had an eye test? You may be experiencing eye strain
  • Options
    darichdarich Member Posts: 969
    edited January 2010
    Good advice regarding eye tests. I work in front of a computer 9 - 5 then tend to play on sky 7.30 til midnight (surely the unhealthiest lifestyle known to man!), but I don't tend to get too many headaches - breaks are key imo
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    in Response to Re: Headaches:
    Have you had an eye test? You may be experiencing eye strain
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    i havent actually might be a good idea thanks p.s happy new year
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Headaches:
    Posted by bandy72
    Most headaches are, at least partially, caused by dehydration. Believe it or not the brain actually starts to dry out and this causes a headache. Hangovers are caused by a) alcohol driving water out of your body and b) chemicals in the drink. Try drinking a glass of water before you play and have another glass as soon as you feel a headache coming on. The advice about taking a regular break is also good because focusing on one thing for an extended period of time can cause a headache.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

GET THE ALE OUT N RE HYDRATE!!!

PLAYYY UPPP STOMPEEEEE, STOMPEEEEE PLAYYYY UPPPPPPP !!!

haha wat a buzz if I hadnt backed him online, id have torn my slip up!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Gutted as soon as I posted that he goes to pieces and loses 3 on the trot.

Oh well, double stake on Whitlock to beat Wade, GAME ONNNN!!!
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    Gutted as soon as I posted that he goes to pieces and loses 3 on the trot. Oh well, double stake on Whitlock to beat Wade, GAME ONNNN!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    your gonna have another headache,whitlock will lose
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Get on betfair Loony lay evens and ill make u rich ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Im gatecrashing someones perfectly reasonable headache thread here......but Wade has been far too lucky, Hamilton let him off bigtime on xmas eve, and hes lucky enuff to be nailing Hells Bells, its time his luck ran out!

Hate backing an Aussie but moneys money! ;)

DOHH
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    sh ite lol 1-0 to the aussie, i went £2 on wade @ evens lol (last of the big spenders)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    He's on FIRE!!!

80/1 at the start of the tourny?????? wowwwww

DOHH
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited January 2010
    It's that beard I tell thee
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Im gatecrashing someones perfectly reasonable headache thread here......but Wade has been far too lucky, Hamilton let him off bigtime on xmas eve, and hes lucky enuff to be nailing Hells Bells, its time his luck ran out! Hate backing an Aussie but moneys money! ;) DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Dont mind that Dohhhhhhh had some great replys to my thread....as to turning to the darts was watching it all yesterday Whitlock/Taylor final