You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Best Line on the flop?

LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
edited July 2014 in Strategy

What line would you take here on the flop?

Player A - will call light, is really passive.
Player B - will call really light, and bet when he has something (raise big hand)

2 Hand's we have seen go to show down from player B, He calls a massive river bet, on KxxxA board with K6. Hand 2, he calls 2 bets on J high flop, with KQ, K river, check he bets his king and gets called by AJ.

Player A and B are limping most pots, seeing almost 100% of flops.

What is your plan for the whole hand?

LARSON7 Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £46.73
superman16 Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £33.49
  Your hole cards

Donttelmum Fold     
ACall  £0.40 £1.00 £37.00
BCall  £0.40 £1.40 £27.36
tallboy Fold     
LARSON7 Call  £0.20 £1.60 £46.53
superman16 Check     
Flop

• Q

LARSON7 ?

Comments

• LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited July 2014

Lead out?

Check / Raise?

What if it Checks round?

Check Call, play small ball poker, and take off when we hit fully expecting calls wide?

If we Check Raise, what is the plan for follwing streets giving stationess of villians, in particular player B?

• grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    edited July 2014
    I'd only c/r if I think I can trap some dead money in the pot, looks unlikely here

Don't mind c/c or leading, maybe lead
  • F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited July 2014
    I like leading strong and if we hit continue betting big. If we don't hit I'm mixing betting and c/c turn. If it's a Q, 9 or 8 I'd check. Might check 2, 3 or 4 some of the time - I'd most likely give up on rivers though unless it's a K or A where I might consider a 3rd barrel. Depends how much a calling station villains are - some will call flop and turn a lot but then fold river. Others will call river too much. 
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited July 2014
    Yeah I think personally I'd opt to lead and create a bigger pot so that if I do hit my hand I can be better placed to bet no more than pot on later streets but still potentially get stacks in.

Would figure that passive players aren't likely to bet your hand for you, so assume that a large amount of the time it'll be checked around with hands that will happiliy call at least one bet.

I'm not sure I'd also lead turn, probably depends how many callers I got on the flop. If still multi way it may be worth another 1/2 pot bet.  Heads-up against someone that most likely has a pair or better I probably c/c turn.

I'm not a big fan of c/r limped pots. Always seems to end badly. Suppose that is where people aren't likely to be passive (limp) pre and then super aggressive (bluffy) post...