You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Thoughts on Turn Check?

LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
edited July 2014 in Strategy
It's the same player as the hand below (player B), he's a bit of a maniac
Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £34.43
tallboy Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £40.27
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • A

LARSON7 Raise  £1.20 £1.80 £37.53
eardleym Fold     
Donttelmum Fold     
EvilPingu Fold     
Call  £1.00 £2.80 £33.43
tallboy Call  £0.80 £3.60 £39.47
Flop

• A

BCheck     
tallboy Check     
LARSON7 Bet  £2.80 £6.40 £34.73
BCall  £2.80 £9.20 £30.63
tallboy Fold     
Turn

Check     
LARSON7 Check     
River

• A

BBet  £9.20 £18.40 £21.43
LARSON7 Call  £9.

Comments

• grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    edited July 2014
    If it's villain b from other hand you posted its a clear vbet on turn imo. I'd make it pretty big too. I don't see a good reason to check
  • F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited July 2014
    value in shipping river? Generally we want to be checking the weaker hands in our range against a maniac - because they still beat his bluffs, but there's less value in us betting them. If we're massively ahead of his range OTT, then just bet turn. Even make it a weak looking sizing or w/e you think is best to get villain to do something crazy.
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited July 2014
    I can't disagree with the two better players that have responded before me, I'd bet the turn for at least 1/2 pot and not want to slow down unless the oppo pushed back.

That said, when you slow down it maybe looks a bit more like you cbet but gave up because of the A and therefore give villain the chance to bluff river or maybe even go for max value with worse trips figuring you could have TT- />KK that may sigh call?

It maybe makes things trickier though, the call on the river now seems trickier (to me) compared to if you'd bet turn and potentially been checked to on the river...