You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

I feel scammed and devalued as a customer - UKPC Qualification

Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
edited August 2014 in The Sky Poker Tour

Please note this is my thread for the twoplustwoforums

Ok so my idiot self decided to try a different site from pokerstars to mix things up a little so as a Sky Customer in the UK i decided to try SkyPoker.

I played for a month relitivley low volume for me but probably earning more rake than around 90% of players on the site even though my volume was about a 10th of stars.

By mistake I registered into a £44+4 UKPC satty in late reg as the lobby is laid out awful (Iwould not even be able to play the live event as I am abroad and tonight would be a massive struggle. (No Problem) I thought I followed usual procedure and contacted support in Live chat to get a refund and be removed from the tournament.

They basically said not possible and shoved there middle finger up to me. (no other site I know would do this)

SO after being put on life tilt I decided to grit my teeth play it and win a seat to which I can then unregister and take the cash.... so 2 hours later I win a seat and go to click unregister.... it removes me from the tourney.

But no cash.... no ticket....

I then contact support who say that I have to play the tournament ( I explain I am abroad and have no way of playing this)

So I leave it until this morning and decide to phone.

They have basically stated that no cash alternative is available..... and I would have to play a tournament of a similar buy in.... I mean wtf?? they can quite obviously see this whole thing has been an accident.

They have no similar tournaments of a similar buy in..... it would take me more than a year to wait for another tournament on sky poker costing £220.

I feel like I have been taken for a mug and would love to here from a representative of Sky poker to explain how they find this behaviour acceptable to the common player.

I then had a call back from the manager who told me there are no poker sites that let you unregister from a sattelite and have cash or tournament $ to use as you wish (it was at this point I relalised the person I spoke to did not play poker as EVERY other site lets you do this)

This part really makes me laugh.... I was the offered my £48 back.... I said I would be happy to do this as long as the rest of the £172 was distributed amongst the other players who had not recieved a seat as if they did not do this they would basically be stealing £172 of poker players money and equity.... having the rest of the funds redistributed was not an option. (Please explain how this is fair)

Never have I been left so dissulusioned by a poker site. by removing me from the next mtt and giving a cash alternative would have zero loss to sky poker as they have already collected the relevant amount from the sattalite itself (There was no overlay)

Im pretty shocked an appauled by all of this and feel as a poker player I am being made to pay for an innocent  mistake.

On a side not I have offered to show them proof of being out of the country

It really is quite obvious why pokerstars have such a vice like grip on the market when other companies cant even get standard customer service (Even common courtesy correct)

If this is resolved (I have a call back from a manager in 1 hour) I will be the first to post... But I know there is zero way this will be resolved in a way that is reasonable to the player.

(this was not resolved and i posted the notes above)

I also spend £120 a month on every sky channel and post multi sports bets of great value to them etc.

Has anyone else had dealings like this with them?

to be honest I find it quite impossible to trust the site any further. I am kind of hoping I have been speaking to people who have got this wrong but I have an awful feeling this is actually how they operate.

Regards

Danny

Comments

• Options
    daveyt86daveyt86 Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2014
    I have a friend who has won multiple seats to the UKPC final and has has cash equivalent so they can do it but they just dont want to. Seems ridic as it doesnt effect anyone or cause a loss to anyone
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    edited August 2014
    the matter was resolved reasonably with 2 x summer roller tickets available to use when I am available