You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What's your next move?

salazarsalazar Member Posts: 330
edited August 2014 in Strategy
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancesalazarSmall blind £0.02£0.02£5.43THEHOOVERBig blind £0.04£0.06£0.67 Your hole cardsQQ   moplan55Raise £0.16£0.22£3.39skunkyod04Fold    salazarCall £0.14£0.36£5.29THEHOOVERCall £0.12£0.48£0.55Flop  723   salazarCheck    THEHOOVERAll-in £0.55£1.03£0.00moplan55Call £0.55£1.58£2.84salazar?????          

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    In case you're wondering why I just called pre with QQ well it was for two reasons, 

1) i wanted to see the flop and make sure there were no K's or A's
    2) I thought if the flop does come J high or 10 high then my hand is disguised

give me some thoughts what you would do next and whether you would do anything different pre

Villain A was a shorty and I wasn't too concerned about him, the other was pretty tight and seemed to have decent hands at showdown.

Not sure why ballance is not shown but

Hero had £5
    Villain A 65p
    Villain B £4
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited August 2014
    Hey Salazar,

As played I would raise the flop, jam the turn/ or just jam the flop.

--------------------------------------------------

I would 3 bet QQ pre flop, anywhere from 48p-60p.

It gets value for our hand, takes control of the pot, and hopefully gets us to a flop Heads up as opposed to 3 way.

Although in this instance the short stack is almost always calling due to their stack.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for input Larson, 

I'll see whether a few others want to chime in and then I'll show the hand in full.
  • Options
    shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited August 2014

Hmmm my initial thought was jam flop (although I'd have 3b pre here, oop vs 4 players, esp at NL4)

I think I still favour that because of being oop - I think we get called on the flop by any hand that will call if we lead the turn (at which point stack sizes mean we are essentially jamming anyway)... and more hands which we are ahead of at this point (AK, non-nut flush draws).

If we smooth call and then check turn we potentially hand out free cards (and lose) or scare cards come that kill the action (ie an ace drops and their pairs 8-J can shut down / we get scared of the ace and don't bet).

So yeah, I think jam and sigh if big stack folds / shortie has a set or odd two pair.

• Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    edited August 2014
     "i wanted to see the flop and make sure there were no K's or A's" - unfortunately this is backwards logic that will long term cost you money.

You need to be 3 betting lmost 100% here deendent on the table dynamics... if you get 4 bet you can make tough decisions from there.

As played....

Im pretty much 4 bet commiting the player on the flop ... or straight jamming the flop.
  • Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,805
    edited August 2014
    I think you should 100% 3 bet. Reasons are no need to get cute at this level. Just get value when you can. Also your going to be OOP so you want to make post flop,decisions as easy as possible. 

As played I am jamming. We can get calls by lots of worse PP. Any top pair and draws too. Also it looks like we have a draw so can get called even lighter. A highs and any flop pairs for example. 
  • Options
    grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    edited August 2014
    3bet pre for value. Usually I'd make it something like 0.54 here, I might go a little smaller if it allows you 5bet if shorty shoves( can't see stacks). You need a specific read not to 3b here and the same not to get it in if 4bet

Postflop prob just raise small and call it off orjam turn

• Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: What's your next move?:
    Hey Salazar, As played I would raise the flop, jam the turn/ or just jam the flop. -------------------------------------------------- I would 3 bet QQ pre flop, anywhere from 48p-60p. It gets value for our hand, takes control of the pot, and hopefully gets us to a flop Heads up as opposed to 3 way. Although in this instance the short stack is almost always calling due to their stack.
    Posted by LARSON7
    If we 3 bet pre flop to 48p.

Player B (with £4), calls - I would say we have the best hand here almost always at 4nl.

If they put in a 4 bet to £1.45, what do we do?

We know they are a tight player. If they 4 bet (at 4nl) it is usually always KK or AA (they are a tight player not a maniac).

The thing is at 4nl players are very honest, for the vast majority - but especially if they are tight.

So if they 4 bet we can fold preflop.

It sounds strange folding QQ pre flop, but sometimes we just have to.

*This is only realy relevant to 4nl and to a lesser extent 10nl, althought at 10nl there will be more AK's also getting 4 bet (by tight playerS).
  • Options
    77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited August 2014
    I'd just echo what everyone else has said. At these stakes pre is 100% a 3-bet.

As played just jam raise/jam flop now.

It's really important at these stakes to keep things as simple as possible.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the input guys

I actually jammed on the flop, and moplan called with AA. After the hand I questioned whether i should of 3 bet pre flop and then if he shoved on me, consider folding.  
    As played I questioned whether i was right to jam on the flop and was I only getting called by sets, kk or AA
    although I do think any PP 88 and above is calling, maybe a few flush draws too

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting spot and i wanted to get some feedback from our regulars on what they would do

I think what confused me was moplan's call of the short stack, I wouldn't expect him to do that with AA while possible flush and straight draws were there and me still to act

P.S

I have tried to load the hand in full but it keeps coming up a load rubbish and won't show it in the proper format