You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Pocket kings

SMOKEY_BSMOKEY_B Member Posts: 10
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
I always play pocket kings agressively. Yesterday in 5.15pm deepstack I was doing really well and was dealt pocket kings. I checked to induce a bet which I new would come from late position, I re-raised putting the other guy all in, he called and fair enough he had pocket aces and won the hand. THREE hands later I was dealt the other two kings so went all in straight away. Lo and behold I was called again with pocket aces and was out of the tournament. Firstly did I do anything wrong? Secondly how would you have played them?

Cheers,

Craig

Comments

• Options
    bigflop1bigflop1 Member Posts: 1,034
    edited January 2010
    you did nothing wrong.. you want all the chips to go in, just got unlucky..

more oftern than not you are a big favourite to win the hand.
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2010
    Hi mate, welcome. You did nowt wrong, just got cold decked twice.

Try this one, it happened to me on another site...

It was a $11, 45 seater turbo.

The very first hand, I got AA. You get some mad players in these tourneys so I went all in. No callers, got the pot (dang).
    Second hand, AA. Same move, same result (double dang).
    Third hand, guess what AA again. Same move, called by 72 off. Flop 222. Hat, coat, out the door.

• Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Pocket kings:
    Hi mate, welcome. You did nowt wrong, just got cold decked twice. Try this one, it happened to me on another site... It was a $11, 45 seater turbo. The very first hand, I got AA. You get some mad players in these tourneys so I went all in. No callers, got the pot (dang). Second hand, AA. Same move, same result (double dang). Third hand, guess what AA again. Same move, called by 72 off. Flop 222. Hat, coat, out the door.
    Posted by KnackersYa
    Wow, pretty crazy stuff, the most crazy being the thinking of 72 guy.

"Wow, this muppet's gone all-in 3 times in a row. Right, let me show him and the rest of the table what a great player I am by calling off my whole tournie with 7 high, i've gotta be live right?".
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Pocket kings:
    In Response to Re: Pocket kings : Wow, pretty crazy stuff, the most crazy being the thinking of 72 guy. "Wow, this muppet's gone all-in 3 times in a row. Right, let me show him and the rest of the table what a great player I am by calling off my whole tournie with 7 high, i've gotta be live right?".
    Posted by JingleMa
    Exactly my thinking. I knew I'd be getting called pretty light, but..........