You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Logical thinkers for logical answers.

Clyde420Clyde420 Member Posts: 82
edited August 2014 in The Rail
 I've been a bit obsessed recently with the conflict between Israel and Palestine.

I refuse to put all my faith in the media for a couple of reasons: One of my reasons is that I saw on the News a couple of years ago some Protests in Madrid, I was actually in Madrid at this time and was in the center during the Peacefull protests. Though these protests were shown as being violent, with videos from other protests in different parts of the world (Egipt for example, saying that it was Madrid (o_O) Through history there has been media manipulation to help someone's ideals. A good example is Germany during WW2, where the people only got told the good news and the truth was kept secret.

I like to learn History, but history is always written by the winners, so we never get an accurate account of what really happened. Now with all the social media and the fact that we are living the History right now, I think with enough logical minds thinking together we could actually get a good Idea of what is really happening. At the moment I'm Neutral in this and being neutral is the only way it would be possible to get to the reality of the situation. If you have strong feelings for or against either group involved then please keep your emotions away fron this post. As we know as Poker Players Emotion won't help with Logic.

Please post any stories from the people involved in the conflict, Info you know from friends, history books, web videos, or even what the media says.

Let's keep this friendly, it's not for an argument, it's a long shot at knowing a real history for once.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014

This is a long time and a bit circumstantial imo due to it being documented so long ago in the Bible. This is a collective of information and feel free to correct me on any of it.

From 586BC by Babylon there began an expulsion of the Kingdom of Judah. The ruler of Babylon decided the Hebrews could stay so most stayed. Many fled to Egypt where they settled from 597BC onwards.

In 66BC started the 1st Jewish-Roman war. In which Jerusalem was destroyed. Many Hebrews were now exiled by the Romans, and by 6BC Judeah was a Roman province.

From then on the Jewish moved around the world settling in Central/Eastern Europe, Iberia, North Africa and some remained in Babylon. Later they made it to the Russian empire, UK, US etc ....

This is a very short version that takes us to the 20th century.

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,032
    edited July 2014
    Don't believe the hype !

I watch various news channels (Sky, Al Jazeera , RT , Fox, etc.) and they all give different version of events around the world, depending what their political masters decide.

Unless you are there then you will never know the truth.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Logical thinkers for logical answers.:
    Don't believe the hype ! I watch various news channels (Sky, Al Jazeera , RT , Fox, etc.) and they all give different version of events around the world, depending what their political masters decide. Unless you are there then you will never know the truth.
    Posted by VespaPX
     I also watch the news, in English/Spanish, and I have friends around the world that tell me what is going on in their countries, as I try to make these connections. I have a friends with family in Gaza. I have a friend who was discriminated against in South Africa by the Apartheid regime, and he has an idea of what the innocents are going through in this conflict.
     I really hope you are wrong about never knowing the truth. And actually being there I believe you would know even less from inside the box.
     I will post some messages that I have had from friends when they get back to me with permission to use their PM's, and some links to videos from both sides, to help draw conclusions.

I don't expect this to be a quick process, but to even find a hint of truth, I would be willing to spend as much time as is needed looking at this. Cheers :)
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited August 2014
     Good luck there, I think most logical thinkers think logic has taken a bit of a back seat on this one.