You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

serious lagging

igeige Member Posts: 121
edited January 2010 in Community Help & Advice
can someone for gods sake sort out the lagging on the tables,so off putting,betting, calling,loading, everything.so annoying.not worth playing just throwing money away.i do let the pages load 100%, even close lobby page.was fine until upgrade. using ie7.HELP

Comments

• Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited December 2009
    you wont get any help off this lot mate---100% sure about that---wait for the download version--it might work then
  • Options
    GavinxxxxGavinxxxx Member Posts: 559
    edited December 2009
    What are you system Specs ?
  • Options
    OldhandLukOldhandLuk Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2009
    In Response to serious lagging:
    can someone for gods sake sort out the lagging on the tables,so off putting,betting, calling,loading, everything.so annoying.not worth playing just throwing money away.i do let the pages load 100%, even close lobby page.was fine until upgrade. using ie7.HELP
    Posted by ige
    Well, I've been having the same problems and haven't played now for over a week because of it. I'm just about to venture into the Lion's Den again, right now...
  • Options
    OldhandLukOldhandLuk Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2009
    And again... lagging. Sat aout on the first BB, then a few normal hands then more 'sitting out. This isn't playable and I'm off to The Hendon Mob. 20 minutes waiting only to lose 42 p to an unplayable table: fun it ain't!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: serious lagging:
    What are you system Specs ?
    Posted by Gavinxxxx
    intel celeron d
    3.46ghz
    448 mb of ram
    windows xp service pack 3
    the thing is it was working fine for months before sky upgrade
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: serious lagging:
    In Response to Re: serious lagging : intel celeron d 3.46ghz 448 mb of ram windows xp service pack 3 the thing is it was working fine for months before sky upgrade
    Posted by ige
    i'm no expert but i think that's the problem for you...

my lappy has 512mb and i have problems galore on this site (but no other sites....!!!)

you could try downloading Advanced System Care for free and using the "Smart RAM" facility which helps to free up RAM

• Options
    GavinxxxxGavinxxxx Member Posts: 559
    edited January 2010
    Yes i think its your Ram that is the problem, im guessing that since the update, the sky poker site is more ram thirsty, you should be able to upgrade to a 1gb or maybe 2gb for next to nothing if you look hard enough www.microdirect.co.uk is a good place for computer components ive found.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    thanks very much gavin and diablo for your help ill look into it now, thx again ige.
  • Options
    EENEEN Member Posts: 135
    edited January 2010
    If you have no joy with Gavins link ( although they are a great company )

Try www.cclonline.com they're based in Bradford, have cheap parts, and if you dont know what you're looking for, give them a call and they will tell you exactly what part you need, and will tell you if they have it or not, or will order it in for you.

Hope you get it sorted mate, EEN
  • Options
    edited January 2010

thanks een and to all you guys really appreciate all the help ige