You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Line check with gapped suited connectors in 3b pot

shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
edited September 2014 in Strategy
Open from the CO a little too wide, but when I'm rarely getting 3 bet from the button I think it's OK?

I know I should be calling 3bets too often, but with position it feels like the immediate pot odds alone mean I have to call here / fold if the 3b was much larger?

My logic was similar on the flop - if I figure all clubs are clean outs I'm about 4/1 to hit on the turn and getting 4/1 on my call... or should I be taking control here and raising?

On the turn, does raise for a degree of protection (against hands AA / KK / AK / AQ / AT with one club - as well as the sets I think are likely from the BB) make sense or should I be trying to keep all those hands in and sigh fold if a 4th club falls?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
villain1Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £11.46
villain2Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.19
  Your hole cards

MrWh1te Fold     
shakinaces Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £13.70
OldManStu Fold     
villain1Raise  £0.65 £1.10 £10.81
villain2Call  £0.60 £1.70 £8.59
shakinaces Call  £0.40 £2.10 £13.30
Flop

villain1Bet  £1.05 £3.15 £9.76
villain2Call  £1.05 £4.20 £7.54
shakinaces Call  £1.05 £5.25 £12.25
Turn

villain1Check     
villain2Bet  £2.63 £7.88 £4.91
shakinaces All-in  £12.25 £20.13 £0.00

Comments

• CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,804
    edited August 2014
    Perfectly fine hand to raise IMO. Calling the small 3 bet IP is again fine and made even better by the over call.

I think calling is best on the flop? Against one opponent we can raise but two its good to take the pot odds. 1010,55 and 22 are in in the range of the overcaller (not to mention the original 3 bettor could still have a strong overpair) so getting it in here we wont be in the best of shapes and needing to hit.

Depending on what reads you have I think we can do either, jam or call. It does look like villian 2 has a hand and we can be shoving here with, say, A10 (A clubs) for example and can easily get called by worse. Sets, over pairs etc.

Yes he can have the nuts here (or better flush) but he doesnt have much behind so is going to find it hard to fold a lot of worse hands.
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,925
    edited August 2014

97s is the nuts in the cutoff!!! Well it's the nuts everywhere....

Hand is fine up until the turn, would just call. 

Sucks if river is a club. But think theres 8 clubs left? 1 of those is ours, so 15/16% of the time? Only 14% if he has 1. 

He wont always lead the club river anyway. 

Easy flat, flat, flat (or shove when he wants to c/c his Tx, 56, 34 etc) = STACK :D
  • jams88jams88 Member Posts: 694
    edited September 2014
    Preflop and flop is fine imo.

Think flatting the turn is better than a shove as we have position and can bet the river if he checks
    Shoving just folds out everything we are beating i think except maybe aa with the ace of clubs
  • 77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited September 2014
    Pre-flop is fine. 97s in CO is an open every time.

Turn is a jam imo given the stack sizes. Villain isn't folding and a lot of rivers kill your action (Any club, J+)
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited September 2014
    Most important thing taken - I'm not being too loose playing 97s, which is good as it's one of my favourite hands to play lol (shouldn't have favourite hands that aren't AA/KK, but it's a leak I'll always struggle to fix!)

The 3 bettor was a new name to me and had no notes on.

The 3-bet cold caller is a multi tabling reg at this level and could probably be narrowed down to pocket pairs and Ax suited. Wouldn't be impossible he has AA here and expects me to potentially 4-bet, could be that smaller pairs are not in range and is playing 66+

Taking that into account, the turn bet would suggest AcXc, TT, 66, AcAx and, at a push, 55, 22 and at a real push KcKx and 65s betting for a bit of protection/value themselves - It's impossible I'm facing any other hand at this point, it's never a bluff.
  • CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,804
    edited September 2014
    I may add that having 'favouraite hands' that you play is never a bad thing, especially those that can flop well and are hard to be dominated. 97s falls into this and playing this hand aggressively, as you may premium hands, adds a deceptive value that you need when you are a regular as its no bad thing to be caught playing this hand as it gives your premiums a better chance to be paid off.

Not to mention the times you flop well and bust a premium hand.