You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Interesting on the river

LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
edited September 2014 in Strategy

We go for thin value on the river and they jam.

I know most people won't like the turn check!

It's not to terrible I don't reckon!

On the river, it looks quite bluffy. The player is quite a good player.

zozo1115 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £40.91
DEANACE Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £22.48
rtc Sit out     
Seaspirit Sit out     
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £20.72
LARSON7 Raise  £2.10 £3.00 £43.55
zozo1115 Fold     
DEANACE Fold     
Call  £1.50 £4.50 £19.22
Flop

• K

Check     
LARSON7 Bet  £3.00 £7.50 £40.55
Call  £3.00 £10.50 £16.22
Turn

Check     
LARSON7 Check     
River

Check     
LARSON7 Bet  £3.80 £14.30 £36.75
All-in  £16.22

Comments

• 77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited September 2014

Think betting/checking turn are both fine.

I would be snapping this river. You have Ah so block a lot of the villains flush combos and villain doesn't have many 6x in a 3-bet pot.

I think you have to expect your bet sizing on the river to induce quite a few bluffs here.

• seanallenseanallen Member Posts: 114
    edited September 2014
    Probably gonna be bluff shoved on often enough when we bet an amount that looks like its trying to get thin value from a pair. Depends how likely opponent is to be turning a pair into a bluff as to whether i'd be betting river to induce (basically making our hand look like what it is and hoping he reads us for bet/ folding)or betting with the intention to fold to a raise.

A lot of players at 20nl pretty much always lead that river with flushes/straights after we check back turn, others mix it up a bit. If I had a read that they were the former I'd be betting small to either get a call or hopefully induce a shove from some players. If they were the latter and I was unsure between calling or folding I'd just check back a lot of the time.
  • LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited September 2014
    I called.

I quite like oppos jam, you hardly ever see someone check jamming as a bluff at 20nl.
  • SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
    edited September 2014
    On first glance it's a pair of sixes, or A6, but it's hard to see him calling the flop bet with either of those... unless he just sees that £3 as a regular c bet that you'd be making with any two cards.

He's checked the turn and river so I doubt he has the flush, but I still think it's quite possible you're beaten here. Two pair on the flop - 57 or K7 would not be unheard of, then again, he should be smart enough to know you can't really call without at least a six, so a bluff is not outwith the realm of possibility either.

The checked turn (by you) probably removed quite a bit of information from the hand.