You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Should I bet again on this turn?

mrdaviesmrdavies Member Posts: 475
edited September 2014 in Strategy
MochaXS Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £10.40
oynutter Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £33.71
  Your hole cards

rtc Fold        
paddy1988 Fold        
mrdavies Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £36.10
MochaXS Call   £0.50 £1.40 £9.90
oynutter Call   £0.40 £1.80 £33.31
Flop

MochaXS Check        
oynutter Check        
mrdavies Bet   £1.35 £3.15 £34.75
MochaXS Call   £1.35 £4.50 £8.55
oynutter Fold        
Turn

• Q

MochaXS Check        
mrdavies          

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2014
    As good as it looks on the flop - il feel I am behind come the turn! Not saying he has hit the Q but it just generally feels like I am behind.

should i give myself a free card and hope to hit flush, 2 pair, trips or bet and build pot for hitting one of these and betting out any weaker hands?
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited September 2014

Maybe 150pence?

Sets up river shove for less than pot on 9s, 8s, and hearts, and is small enough for him to call with a wide range of hands.

It 'looks weak' but without reads I'd assume he's an average half stacking villain who'll be playing his cards more than the player/situation.

If he decides to crai we've got enough equity to call off v his stack knowing that due to our betsize he could sometimes have worse draws/made hands anyway.

Mr Daviessssssssssssss
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Turns out dohh he had set of 6's. luckily i checked hit flush on river and got paid.

if i bet that turn 150 pence he re raises for sure on that board and im left with a sticky call
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Yes on this occasion you made the best play against his specific hand, but we want to be making decisions based on the range of hands he might have.

What about the times he has A6, or 78, or A7hh etc.

Checking still might be best, idk.

----------------

Anyway it worked out well on this occasion, nice 1. Out of interest how did the river action play out? Looks like we need him to either donk lead or check raise a wet card for us to get the rest of his stack...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    He bet 2.25 - i shoved! Think he only had something like 6-7 quid left
  • Options
    77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Should I bet again on this turn?:
    Maybe 150pence? Sets up river shove for less than pot on 9s, 8s, and hearts, and is small enough for him to call with a wide range of hands. It 'looks weak' but without reads I'd assume he's an average half stacking villain who'll be playing his cards more than the player/situation.   If he decides to crai we've got enough equity to call off v his stack knowing that due to our betsize he could sometimes have worse draws/made hands anyway. Mr Daviessssssssssssss
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I could be wrong but I don't think villains calling range will change too much between a £1.50 and £3 sizing here.

If I'm betting the turn it's for value or a semi-bluff. With that in mind I'd pretty much want to bet £3-3.50 here with my entire betting range (bigger to get more value or bigger to increase fe.) I'm not really sure that 1/3 pot achieves much... If you bet £3.50 and villain shoves you also have a much clearer turn call with the odds your now getting.

Imo turn is a check though...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Should I bet again on this turn? : I could be wrong but I don't think villains calling range will change too much between a £1.50 and £3 sizing here. If I'm betting the turn it's for value or a semi-bluff. With that in mind I'd pretty much want to bet £3-3.50 here with my entire betting range (bigger to get more value or bigger to increase fe.) I'm not really sure that 1/3 pot achieves much... If you bet £3.50 and villain shoves you also have a much clearer turn call with the odds your now getting. Imo turn is a check though...
    Posted by 77Chris91
    Doesn't it make his range stronger though when he crai over £3.50 as opposed to £1.50 with stacks as they are?

Deeper I wouldn't disagree with the proposed sizing but the SPR is good for us here, I think randoms do call and indeed ship wider over smaller sizings in these kind of spots.
  • Options
    77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Should I bet again on this turn? : Doesn't it make his range stronger though when he crai over £3.50 as opposed to £1.50 with stacks as they are? Deeper I wouldn't disagree with the proposed sizing but the SPR is good for us here, I think randoms do call and indeed ship wider over smaller sizings in these kind of spots.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Imo villains range for shipping over 1.50/3 sizing will not alter to much. I'm not sure a random is gonna be thinking 'I have more fe if I shove over this small sizing' think it's closer to 'I have a 9 or Q let's go with it'. I'd expect villain to just call again with all draws and ship like 9x plus. Not sure they are going to be to aware/bothering about stack sizes etc...

Re the SPR, betting 1.50 leaves villain with a pot sized bet on the river. If we ping the flush or trips and jam river even a random may find the fold with like 6x. If villain has a fiver left and the pot is 20 odd quid they probably don't fold any pair.

Imo if we think betting a standard size narrows villains range too much to only hands that are beating us I'm not sure we should be betting at all?

Obv player dependant but in this spot my sizing would be like £3 or check (Default would be to check.)