You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

K, Q, AND A Still out there?!! Call river?

mrdaviesmrdavies Member Posts: 475
edited September 2014 in Strategy
plaza09 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £12.09
dubzs Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £63.44
  Your hole cards
  • J

mrdavies Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £47.86
acbailey Fold        
TMT_TBE Fold        
plaza09 Call   £0.50 £1.40 £11.59
dubzs Call   £0.40 £1.80 £63.04
Flop

plaza09 Check        
dubzs Check        
mrdavies Bet   £0.90 £2.70 £46.96
plaza09 Fold        
dubzs Raise   £2.80 £5.50 £60.24
mrdavies Call   £1.90 £7.40 £45.06
Turn

• J

dubzs Bet   £5.05 £12.45 £55.19
mrdavies Call   £5.05 £17.50 £40.01
River

• K

dubzs Bet   £14.95 £32.45 £40.24

Comments

• 77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited September 2014

Snap call.

Not a lot of value in jamming river.

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited September 2014
    Easy call.

Jamming the river would be very thin value.....but I might just do it.
  • SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
    edited September 2014
    I'm not sure if you're asking should you call the river because you're thinking of folding, which would be terrible. Hopefully you're asking because you thought about shoving.

If you do shove you're only really getting called by two pairs (jacks and kings), a flopped set, or a flush... but does an 8 high flush call that? Not sure. Just a call for me.
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,925
    edited September 2014

You haven't given reads (rightly so, as you've left the name in) but I am hating life on the river here!

Don't think he bets this big with a set which is the most realistic value hand he can have that we beat. 

I would call because I'm a station, but don't think it's going to end well for us that often..............
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: K, Q, AND A Still out there?!! Call river?:
    You haven't given reads (rightly so, as you've left the name in) but I am hating life on the river here! Don't think he bets this big with a set which is the most realistic value hand he can have that we beat.  I would call because I'm a station, but don't think it's going to end well for us that often..............
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Nah.

That would be a nitty fold!
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,925
    edited September 2014

When someone is representing a very strong hands on these tables, nitty is the best way to be ! :P

• seanallenseanallen Member Posts: 114
    edited September 2014

Agree with doh. Feels like either a nitty fold or a stationy call. At 20nl if I called I know i'd at least half expecting to be shown a better hand, probably in the past that's what has happened more often than not. Thing is what do we think he is putting us on, we can't both have the bare ace of clubs so I doubt he barrels the river as bluff. Don't know if he v bets a set or worse using the same logic. It looks like we either have a set,pair plus NFD or a flush. Even if he is v betting versus that range we're probably not ahead of his value range.

edited September 2014
    It absolutely looks like a set (of fives, I'm guessing). I just don't think I can fold here with the jack flush. A8 of clubs, perhaps?
  • mrdaviesmrdavies Member Posts: 475
    edited September 2014
    To put everyone out there misery lol..it's was 6 4 - not a club in site! 

I still feel flatting river is right, if he has nut flush iom he builds the pot a little more ready for a river shove... Weren't sure what he had but I had to pay to see!
  • mrdaviesmrdavies Member Posts: 475
    edited September 2014
    A8c was my last thought before I called slip!
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited September 2014
    Results aside its a puke spot against this particular guy. This is one of the vvvv few hands he has by the river that will bluff and even then I'm surprised he did tbh cos I can't see anything that should fold except AcXx but that's a small part of your range.

He never vbets 2pr here, and he pretty much can't have 2pr after his flop line (except 35 which won't fire 3). Even sets I think he may c/c river with.

Never ever raising, probably hate life and call and expect to get shown better pretty often. Its deffo close
  • hurloon1hurloon1 Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2014
    can never fold river if villains a reg which i assume he is by lamberts post. highly doubt hes raising nutflushes on the flop which pretty much leaves 1 combo which a reg would call you pre with which beats you which is kqclubs and even this he shud squeeze pre he may sometimes have k9,q9 clubs but i doubt it . if you had j9clubs decision would b closer. As played rivers closer to a shove than a fold depending on how bad villain is way more combos of lower flushes in his range.