You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

played so badly...

mrdaviesmrdavies Member Posts: 475
edited October 2014 in Strategy
DonttelmumSmall blind £0.10£0.10£77.82mrdaviesBig blind £0.20£0.30£26.53 Your hole cards89   Curt360x27Raise £0.60£0.90£19.60superryanCall £0.60£1.50£30.11natok11Call £0.60£2.10£19.40DonttelmumCall £0.50£2.60£77.32mrdaviesCall £0.40£3.00£26.13Flop  567   DonttelmumCheck    mrdaviesCheck    Curt360x27Check    superryanCheck    natok11Bet £2.40£5.40£17.00DonttelmumCall £2.40£7.80£74.92mrdaviesCall £2.40£10.20£23.73Curt360x27Fold    superryanFold    Turn  4   DonttelmumCheck    mrdaviesCheck    natok11Check    River  9   DonttelmumBet £5.10£15.30£69.82mrdaviesCall £5.10£20.40£18.63natok11Fold    DonttelmumShowK2   mrdaviesMuck89   DonttelmumWinFlush to the King£19.38 £89.20

Comments

• mrdaviesmrdavies Member Posts: 475
    edited September 2014
    absolutely butchered this hand.. I just got lost In it, in he nd just tried to get to river without board pairing / club coming.

I think I should either have shoved after bet call on flop or lead out on turn for pot size..not really sure just a terribly played hand.
  • SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, you're the last to act pre flop, with four players already there, so I'm not really liking the call. Of course, it's one of the best flops you could have hoped for. I'm betting out in that position - maybe £2. You'd probably lose everyone apart from DTM. Turn comes and you bet another... £8. DTM has to fold really.
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited September 2014
    I don't mind the call preflop at all, w're last to act, it's multi-way so we got good implied odds, and we're already getting like 6.5 to 1 direct odds to call.

We just gotta know what we're trying to flop... i.e. we aint gonna go completely nuts on Q98cc or 872r or whatever.

Obv this is the flop we want, flatting or raising is ok but cos we're multiway and given the preflop action it's just so likely at least 1 or people are gonna wanna come along to a raise with sets/NFDs/maybe like TP + OESD etc so I prefer a raise on the flop but it's not a big mistake.

I'm just betting the turn myself cos I think it's gonna get checked back SO much, given how many people made it to the flop, even sets now are probably like 'meh I'll call a bet to try and house up, but I don't wanna bet myself cos I'll cry if I get raised'.

River is ugly cos so likely someone had a FD and our straight aint even that great anymore cos now everyone who had 8x is chopping with us, so a fold is probably best but don't think you made any huge mistakes... maybe just the river call.
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: played so badly...:
    Yeah, you're the last to act pre flop, with four players already there, so I'm not really liking the call. Of course, it's one of the best flops you could have hoped for. I'm betting out in that position - maybe £2. You'd probably lose everyone apart from DTM. Turn comes and you bet another... £8. DTM has to fold really.
    Posted by Slipwater

But we have no idea that DTM has K2cc do we?

We can't play a hand based on what we know their hand to be when we find out their hand after the it's over.

Also, you say we make DTM fold the turn like it's a good thing. On the turn he only has like a 1in5 chance of making his flush, we don't want him folding.
  • SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: played so badly...:
    In Response to Re: played so badly... : But we have no idea that DTM has K2cc do we? We can't play a hand based on what we know their hand to be when we find out their hand after the it's over. Also, you say we make DTM fold the turn like it's a good thing. On the turn he only has like a 1in5 chance of making his flush, we don't want him folding.
    Posted by Lambert180
    :)

Yes, I know this! I'm simply 'playing' the hand the way I probably would have, and making a guess as to what would have happened as a result.
  • hurloon1hurloon1 Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2014
    not raising the flop when ur closing the action here is obvs a huge mistake. raise to 8 otf shove turn ezgame
  • alex1229alex1229 Member Posts: 680
    edited October 2014
    Raise flop 100% not bet on turn just horrible.