You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Give Me Five... Actually, Don't...

SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
edited January 2015 in Strategy
I was playing a live cash table last night. £1/£2 blinds.

I had pocket 5s and about £400 in front of me. I cover everyone at the table. It was raised before me to £12 and I called, along with two others, so there are four of us in the pot.

Flop comes 4 5 J. Two spades.

The first guy to act bets £50 - just below pot-sized, and it's called by both of the other two before it comes to me. There's now almost £200 in the pot, and I probably make the mistake of calling.

Turn is an offsuit 2, so I know that hasn't changed anything.

First to act bets £100. Call, call. Now it's on me. I choose now to shove - a raise of about £250. I am called in all three places. Bear in mind I have everyone covered so, I figure I should at least take the side pot.

Now, on that board the only hand that really concerns me is pocket jacks. I figure at least one of them has a flush draw, probably the lead, actually, because surely you don't call £100 on the turn for the flush).

Cards over. River is another 2... and not a spade. I am now only beaten by pocket 2s and pocket jacks.

What did the other three have?

Did I win the hand?

Did I play it too slowly?

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited January 2015
    3 6 got there on the turn, so that turn 2 did change something! Back to the drawing board ;)

Were you bumhunting drunks again? I'm gonna guess a stubborn AA and 44, but the live standard is so woeful that I wouldn't be surprised if someone rocked up here with KJ and A2ss.
  • Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,806
    edited January 2015
    Considering the title I assume you lost. I do think you played it too slow as if its as loose as you say then why not raise for pure value? 
  • Options
    SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
    edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Give Me Five... Actually, Don't...:
    3 6 got there on the turn, so that turn 2 did change something! Back to the drawing board ;) Were you bumhunting drunks again? I'm gonna guess a stubborn AA and 44, but the live standard is so woeful that I wouldn't be surprised if someone rocked up here with KJ and A2ss.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Pocket jacks.

KQ of spades.

...and A4!