You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

is it worth playing or do i wait for better position?

craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
edited January 2015 in Strategy
having seen him min raise i'm already thinking to myself he's going to play things really passive and therefore i'll need to Ch/R my hand or squeeze it pre.
the worry then is i'll be OOP and if they were to bet it will mean they've got a decent hand.
splashies Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £47.61
craigcu12 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £16.90
  Your hole cards
  • A

a Raise   £0.40 £0.70 £6.72
b Call   £0.40 £1.10 £10.85
BURNTEYES Fold        
BigHawk89 Fold        
splashies Fold        
craigcu12 ?

Comments

• Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited January 2015
    Don't ever fold this spot getting more then 5to1 on a call with a suited wheel ace wen we're closing the action. Some situations/opponents we can 3b sqz, sometimes we flat, but we should never fold.
  • yuranASSetyuranASSet Member Posts: 485
    edited January 2015
    Yeh Craig, you pretty muched summed it up for yourself there. If he's loose pre-flop but passive post, then what do you stand to win? The truth is that weak suited Ax doesn't flop well in a squeezed pot and doesn't make things any easier post flop. If we flop an ace, we rarely dominate our opponent and we will only get action when we're behind.

Like Lambert says though, you also can't fold this pre. Your getting a good price multiway and your hand now flops better where you can get value from worse draws if say we flop a nut flush with overcard. You also don't need to get attached to A high flops should both continue. There will also be spots to lead OOP for example 2h5Qss folding out small pocket pairs, and looser ranges that will air on this board a tonne.