You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

My sympathies to any Southampton fans out there!

BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
edited February 2015 in The Football Corner
A great 2013/2014 season and then your manager goes and is followed by the majority of your team.

I listened to an interview on Talk Sport this evening with the Southampton chairman and he handled various questions quite well and reassured fans that Schneiderlin and Rodriguez wouldn't be sold and they would be the backbone of Koeman's new-look Saints

Then within an hour Schneiderlin is apparently on social media saying his trust with the club has been destroyed and he wants out....little wonder Southampton have had their odds slashed for relegation.

I hope they dont freefall for the sake of Saints fans but I think they'll find it hard going!

Comments

• Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited July 2014
    To be fair when you look at the prices theyve got for the players whove left

Shaw £30 million for a player with no european and very little international experience, Early reports are that van gaul isnt a big fan

Llanna £25 million for a player who looked well out of his depth at the world cup

Lovren £20 million for a player they only payed £8 million for last year.

And offers of

Schniederlin £20 million sorry cant see tha at all

rodrigez  £30 million for a player whos had 1 good season

These players want to leave and as we all know no matter what the clubs say if a player wants to leave he will leave.

This isnt anti Southampton this is just the way football is.

so good luck my deckchair friends 

Your gonna need it!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: My sympathies to any Southampton fans out there!:
    To be fair when you look at the prices theyve got for the players whove left Shaw £30 million for a player with no european and very little international experience, Early reports are that van gaul isnt a big fan Llanna £25 million for a player who looked well out of his depth at the world cup Lovren £20 million for a player they only payed £8 million for last year. And offers of Schniederlin £20 million sorry cant see tha at all rodrigez  £30 million for a player whos had 1 good season These players want to leave and as we all know no matter what the clubs say if a player wants to leave he will leave. This isnt anti Southampton this is just the way football is. so good luck my deckchair friends  Your gonna need it!
    Posted by BADBOY985

Anti Southampton from a Portsmouth fan? Of course not! :)
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited July 2014
    NORTHampton!
  • Options
    MrWh1teMrWh1te Member Posts: 963
    edited July 2014
    Makes all the boasting from the scummers about being in the premier league a little easier to listen to, they seem to have quietened down somewhat now :D
  • Options
    PICOSLIM2PICOSLIM2 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2014
    All this from little division 2 skates. Don't worry about us and anyhow enjoy non league after you go down AGAIN. I will be going to Anfield etc this year and you.........LMAO.
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited August 2014
    All this from little division 2 skates. Don't worry about us and anyhow enjoy non league after you go down AGAIN. I will be going to Anfield etc this year and you.........LMAO.
    Posted by PICOSLIM2
    Have got a week of work was thinking of taking the ST MARYS tour.
    Won't bother with the seating areas as I will be able to see most of them empty on the telly next season.
    The trophy area should be a thriller, although I might give it another 40 or 50 years for your "BIG" club to add to the one trophy youve managed in the previous 125 years of medeocrity.

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    edited October 2014
    BRRRRRRRRR

and Koemann

inspire

SOUTHAMPTON
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    BRRRRRRRRR and Koemann inspire SOUTHAMPTON
    Posted by vaigret

LOL!

I bet there are a few thousand Southampton fans pinching themselves at the moment with how their season is going so far. An 8-0 win, amazing stuff, am really pleased for them.
  • Options
    TENTENTENTENTENTEN Member Posts: 481
    edited October 2014
    just got back from the game lol
  • Options
    allin4staxallin4stax Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2014
    I never understood why all the so called "experts" feared for Southampton?

They got rid of mediocre players and brought in far better players

Pelle is far better than Lambert,  Tadic is far superior to Lallanna,  Forster is a far better GK than last seasons and holds the clean sheet record in the SPL

PP offered a "specials" market on Southampton finishing above Liverpool @ 16/1 which I snapped up (only £20 allowed) easiest £320 ill ever make 

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    edited October 2014
    I never understood why all the so called "experts" feared for Southampton? They got rid of mediocre players and brought in far better players Pelle is far better than Lambert,  Tadic is far superior to Lallanna,  Forster is a far better GK than last seasons and holds the clean sheet record in the SPL PP offered a "specials" market on Southampton finishing above Liverpool @ 16/1 which I snapped up (only £20 allowed) easiest £320 ill ever make 
    Posted by allin4stax

They feared mate cause they lost a lot of players. Luckily unlike Spurs/Liverpool they have bought very wisely. Not many people saw that coming from a club that seemed to be in disarray.

My hat goes off to them and may they continue to score loads of points for my fantasy football team.

Koemann very good manager as well
  • Options
    Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    edited February 2015
    bump
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    BRRRRRRRRR and Koemann inspire SOUTHAMPTON
    Posted by vaigret

Southampton fans you are welcome! 

Do you want me to say there is NO chance you'll make the Champions League? :)))