You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Was I correct to Fold here?

GREGSTERGREGSTER Member Posts: 384
edited December 2021 in Strategy

Hello - looking for a bit of feedback on this hand from the £2K Skysports Turbo BH last night. This is also the first hand history I have posted so hope it works.

As you can see I folded the hand, but wondered with the chance to take 3 bounties and be massive chip leader should I have took the chance, knowing that I am probably facing at least 3 over cards or maybe an over pair? In a freezeout I am happy with the fold, but wondered what people's thoughts are in a BH?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bbMike Small blind  40.00 40.00 1435.00
Brownie62 Big blind  80.00 120.00 2560.00
  Your hole cards

GREGSTER Raise  240.00 360.00 3475.00
1muv All-in  128.00 488.00 0.00
GROW5ER Call  240.00 728.00 3980.00
snoxx11 Call  240.00 968.00 1557.00
bbMike All-in  1435.00 2403.00 0.00
Brownie62 All-in  2560.00 4963.00 0.00
GREGSTER Fold     
GROW5ER Fold     
snoxx11 Fold     
Brownie62 Unmatched bet  1165.00 3798.00 1165.00
bbMike Show
  • J
  • K

Brownie62 Show
  • Q
  • A

1muv Show

Flop

Turn

River

1muv Win Two Pairs, 8s and 5s 768.00  768.00
Brownie62 Win Pair of 5s 3030.00

Comments

• Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 828
    edited April 2015
    In Response to Was I correct to Fold here?:

It's a trivially easy fold I think. 8's don't run well multiway. The fact your not against an overpair is the best possible scenario for you, and you're still only 15.41% to win. (this would be higher if one of your eights weren't taken but still) You can use poker hand calculator to look at spots like this. I think that you need to not be results orientated in spots like this, just because your eights would have won this time it doesn't mean you made a mistake by folding. I bet if your eights lost you wouldn't have posted this :) . I think a good majority of the time when 3 people are all in preflop, at least one of them has an overpair to your eights.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited April 2015

Yeah the BB has just a few too many chips to contemplate calling here, often you'll have to dodge so many cards and potential board runouts, but more likely you'll be drawing to 2 outs for your set.

I'd also raise a little less pre.

• Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,396
    edited April 2015
    ^ I wouldn't raise less pre, if 1muv calls and we only make it 2x then everyone is at least calling - I guess the same happens with 3x though too. I actually think it's an ideal spot to just limp in - if 1muv ships and everyone just calls then we can isolate. Or if 1muv ships, someone behind isolates we can then re-iso jam with our 88 (this is BH, I see lots of people iso'ing with all sorts of weak Ax which we crush)

As played, it's a close decision but I think 88 is strong enough to call. bbmike is going to be shoving fairly wide given he's pretty short himself and there's a bounty up for grabs (ideal situation for him) so I'm not worried about that. It just kinda depends how much of a bounty chaser you think Brownie is. Against a range of 77+, AT+, QJs+, KQ and A8s+ we have 41% equity. Which I think is good enough to go with it given all the added value of bounties out there + we already have chips invested. 3 way against bbmike (with a sligtly wider range than Brownie) and we only have 26.55% equity - but if we lose to bbmike but beat Brownie we get a side-pot + bounties. 
  • Options
    Matt237Matt237 Member Posts: 1,785
    edited April 2015
    Pretty close, (Glad i'm not the only one who thinks that)!

Defo limping pre though. As played I think I call
  • Options
    GREGSTERGREGSTER Member Posts: 384
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated and interesting to get a split decision (2 folds & 2 calls).

Never thought of the limp pre and re-iso, quite like that idea, will give that a try at some point. FWIW I was definately calling the SB shove, but it was just when the BB shoves that put me in 2 minds and with only 15 seconds I went with a fold. If I would of covered him by a bit more (left myself with 1200-1500) I think I would of called.

I wasn't being results orientated, I was being future results orientated!!! Although you are probably right that I wouldn't of posted if I called and won the hand or one of the 4 over cards hit!!!