You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

sit & Go

OutlookFOutlookF Member Posts: 3
edited December 2021 in Strategy
So I was playing a SNG the other day and it was pretty blatent that 2-3 of the players were in a team , it got down to 4 of us left in the game. 2 of them were close to going out and whenever I folded they would fold accordingly to give the player with the shortest stack money. Luckily I won a big hand and eneded up with a 5k stack and knocked one of them out so I won but it left a bitter taste in my mouth towards sngs. Anyone else been up against this?

Comments

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,061
    edited March 2015
    In Response to sit & Go collusion:
    So I was playing a SNG the other day and it was pretty blatent that 2-3 of the players were in a team , it got down to 4 of us left in the game. 2 of them were close to going out and whenever I folded they would fold accordingly to give the player with the shortest stack money. Luckily I won a big hand and eneded up with a 5k stack and knocked one of them out so I won but it left a bitter taste in my mouth towards sngs. Anyone else been up against this?
    Posted by OutlookF
    Have you reported it?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    No I've played loads of poker since then it would be hard to pin point which game it was.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm done with this site seems to be the same people in multiple games winning all the time, the short time to think about your next move and only 6 seats isn't good for my game. good luck and adios.
  • Options
    stuarty117stuarty117 Member Posts: 1,395
    edited March 2015
    Dosent really sound like collusion. 

Especially if it was a DYM short stack just hoping the big stack will knock out an other short stack.

• Options
    shepspaulshepspaul Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: sit & Go collusion:
    Dosent really sound like collusion.  Especially if it was a DYM short stack just hoping the big stack will knock out an other short stack.
    Posted by stuarty117
    another one living in a dream world lol
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,396
    edited April 2015
    I'm done with this site seems to be the same people in multiple games winning all the time, the short time to think about your next move and only 6 seats isn't good for my game. good luck and adios.
    Posted by OutlookF
    Same people are winning probably because they know how to play good DYM strategy.

It's hard to make out with what you posted if collusion was going on but good DYM strategy 4 way when blinds are big means:

- If you are shortest stack you shove super wide
    - If you are 2nd shortest stack and shortest shoves on you, you should be more willing to call if you get a decent hand
    - If you are 3rd biggest stack you don't get involved too much, maybe steal a blind from chip leader
    - If you are chip leader you don't get involved without a premium hand

How many tables do you play? It's a DYM and all decisions are fairly straight forward - the more you play them, the more each decision becomes automatic and 15 seconds is more than enough time to know the correct play.

Also, if 6 seats isn't good for your game then fair enough but being able to play 6 handed poker will improve your game more than playing 8/9 handed since you have to get involved more with a wider range of hands.  

Theres also more forms of the game then just DYM's, if you don't like them then maybe try something else - cash/tournaments or even dabble in another format such as PLO8 or PLO
  • Options
    BenchmarkBenchmark Member Posts: 297
    edited April 2015
    I play low level sit 'n go's and I've not seen it where three people work together, per se. I think the shortest stack will always be up against it, because of the the nature of the game (third place wins as much as first). The bigger stacks are likely to check around after calling a small stack shove, expecting either big stack to have the best hand without having to risk any more chips. However, If three players are doing it to HELP the short stack, who is likely to go out, well that's another matter. One I'd be quite happy to report.
  • Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited April 2015

Some sites offer Jackpot SnGs where you can win up to 50K for 6 in a row. In these situations, collusion is almost certainly going to happen at some point. Just sit down with 5 mates and hey presto! 50K.
    Ok, it's not quite as easy as this as the sites will review all the hands of jackpot winners and look for anomalies, but there are people who find ways round it e.g. one person in a syndicate wins 4 in a row legitimately, then gets his mates to load a table two times four weeks apart, with a different set of mates at each game. It can be tough to prove collusion in these instances.

For the small stakes SnGs usually played on sky, I've never seen any collusion. What I have seen is players who respect each other's games and hence avoid having big clashes with each other. Is this collusion? Does it give them both an unfair advantage? Dunno.

• Options
    Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: sit & Go collusion : Same people are winning probably because they know how to play good DYM strategy. It's hard to make out with what you posted if collusion was going on but good DYM strategy 4 way when blinds are big means: - If you are shortest stack you shove super wide - If you are 2nd shortest stack and shortest shoves on you, you should be more willing to call if you get a decent hand - If you are 3rd biggest stack you don't get involved too much, maybe steal a blind from chip leader - If you are chip leader you don't get involved without a premium hand How many tables do you play? It's a DYM and all decisions are fairly straight forward - the more you play them, the more each decision becomes automatic and 15 seconds is more than enough time to know the correct play. Also, if 6 seats isn't good for your game then fair enough but being able to play 6 handed poker will improve your game more than playing 8/9 handed since you have to get involved more with a wider range of hands.   Theres also more forms of the game then just DYM's, if you don't like them then maybe try something else - cash/tournaments or even dabble in another format such as PLO8 or PLO
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Hi Ivan

Why did you feel need to bump this trash post back into limelight?

Is enough negativity going on in the community at the moment so feel is a strange judgement call to do this. Sure you have a legitimate reason 
    , just seems unneeded 

• Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: sit & Go collusion : Hi Ivan Why did you feel need to bump this trash post back into limelight? Is enough negativity going on in the community at the moment so feel is a strange judgement call to do this. Sure you have a legitimate reason  , just seems unneeded 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    If people start getting sensitive or try to overly censor, then this forum really has gone wrong. This is a bona fide topic of discussion.

• Options
    Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited April 2015
    Yes agree, but the OP not played this site again since so obviously not reading this. Just saying timing off - observation that's all
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,396
    edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: sit & Go collusion : Hi Ivan Why did you feel need to bump this trash post back into limelight? Is enough negativity going on in the community at the moment so feel is a strange judgement call to do this. Sure you have a legitimate reason  , just seems unneeded 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Due to lack of threads on sky I didn't realise it was a month old - just that I hadn't read the thread before.

And the poster said he was leaving the site so I tried to explain why what happened wasn't collusion to him and also suggested alternate games in the hope that he reads it and changes his mind & continues to play on sky - not sure how that isn't a legitimate reason to "bump" a slightly old thread.
  • Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: sit & Go collusion : Due to lack of threads on sky I didn't realise it was a month old - just that I hadn't read the thread before. And the poster said he was leaving the site so I tried to explain why what happened wasn't collusion to him and also suggested alternate games in the hope that he reads it and changes his mind & continues to play on sky - not sure how that isn't a legitimate reason to "bump" a slightly old thread.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    it was serendipity Ivan
    I saw the post this morning, wondered about the timing but noted the dym rules - i don't play dyms - well i do but hilo and i play them very differently - so it was good to see how proper dyms are played
    then tonight I sat into the 10k VLV quarter final. after a bruising couple of hours i find myself 4/4 with 3 semi seats available (along with the_Hux, maggiesdad & lolufold!). aha - this looks just like a dym i thought - and scurried back here to revise from your notes.
    suffice to say i cashed - so tyvm teach