You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Dont let the bullies win

rawhandrawhand Member Posts: 437
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
I have just had a private message sent to me saying I no longer wish 2 be part of sky, i will not give out this members name as i respect there decision of the private message. It was a simple bad beat that turned into verbal abuse and bullying. I would class this as cyber bulling.

Cyber bullying should be stamped out and reported to sky if anyone is bullied in this way please report it straight away copy and paste the chat with the players name.

Keep this as a friendly site. DONT LET THE BULLIES WIN

Question to Sky:
can you implement chat ban where you can click on a persons name and add them to a chat ban list then when they write you cannot see it.

Comments

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Dont let the bullies win:
    Question to Sky: can you implement chat ban where you can click on a persons name and add them to a chat ban list then when they write you cannot see it.
    Posted by rawhand
    Are you talking about on the poker table chat or on the forum, because on the forum you have the 'Ignore <username />' facility.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont let the bullies win:
    In Response to Dont let the bullies win : Are you talking about on the poker table chat or on the forum, because on the forum you have the 'Ignore <username />' facility.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    poker table chat
  • Options
    EENEEN Member Posts: 135
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Dont let the bullies win : Are you talking about on the poker table chat or on the forum, because on the forum you have the 'Ignore <username />' facility.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    A facility on both would be great in my opinion, lets have our cake AND eat it :)
    (fairly sure that doesnt apply here but i heard it on tv and it sounded cool)
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited January 2010
    Posted by NoseyBonk[/QUOTE
    Table chat by railers.  This is where this particular problem has stemmed from.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited January 2010
    Ok, that's a great suggestion.

I once suggested a REPORT ABUSE facility on the poker table itself, which would mail the required details straight over to Sky for investigation, rather than users having to dig out table numbers / hand numbers / time / etc..etc and then drop the email over themselves.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ok, that's a great suggestion. I once suggested a REPORT ABUSE facility on the poker table itself, which would mail the required details straight over to Sky for investigation, rather than users having to dig out table numbers / hand numbers / time / etc..etc and then drop the email over themselves.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Excellent idea
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited January 2010
    I think i read some where (maybe on the post that wanted all table chat banned unless your playing on that table) that there will soon be an option to ignore people at the tables without turning the whole of chat off
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    In the meantime, the best course of action is to report all instances of chat abuse at the tables to Customer Services.
    It only takes a moment and all cases are dealt with appropriately and swiftly in my experience.
  • Options
    tiger_26tiger_26 Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2010
    I think i read some where (maybe on the post that wanted all table chat banned unless your playing on that table) that there will soon be an option to ignore people at the tables without turning the whole of chat off
    Posted by 35suited
    cant wait for this  option
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    I knocked a guy out on the bubble of an Omaha mtt on PS last night. He followed me round for half an hour afterwards wittering on about it. It didn't bother me in the least.

This is poker for real money not the Church Tombola tournament, it's going to happen, and while an ignore button would be useful, if some abuse bothers anyone that much they really need to toughen up a bit.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited January 2010
    Posted by 35suited
     Yes I believe it was Sky_Adam.. well one of them made a post on lJamesl's thread about blocking railing chat and he said in the next upgrade on Sky that will be introduced
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I knocked a guy out on the bubble of an Omaha mtt on PS last night. He followed me round for half an hour afterwards wittering on about it. It didn't bother me in the least. This is poker for real money not the Church Tombola tournament, it's going to happen, and while an ignore button would be useful, if some abuse bothers anyone that much they really need to toughen up a bit.
    Posted by elsadog
    I agree real money real poker but no one should be bullied ever, where will it end?????
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont let the bullies win :  Yes I believe it was Sky_Adam.. well one of them made a post on lJamesl's thread about blocking railing chat and he said in the next upgrade on Sky that will be introduced
    Posted by FlashFlush
    If this is true great news, lets hope its soon
  • Options
    blade08blade08 Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2010
    if u want to cme ang grief me feel free but im a quick typer and u will sound like the idiot not me
    i love the banter
  • Options
    barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
    edited January 2010
    elsa is spot on

generally the players who do this are tiltmonkeys anyway

just say ty back or nh or nothing

its a growns up game played by some kids but the bottom line is were here to make money not chat
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2010
    Try playing on 'Stars with eight bevvied up Yanks - the abuse is unbelievable!!

Had abuse once on BetF**r. This guy kept calling me an effing  c-word! Strange, as we were on the play money tables. Methinks that fellow had anger issues?
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited January 2010
    if u want to cme ang grief me feel free but im a quick typer and u will sound like the idiot not me i love the banter
    Posted by blade08
    ..... :-)
  • Options
    BurrfootBurrfoot Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2010
    I like a bit of table banter, however when it goes over the score its pathetic, the 'hope you die soon' etc comments... whenever I see it happening to someone else I will stand up for them. havent been on here long enough so dont know what the customer service is like, but on other sites, while its happening Ive phoned in and reported it so they can see for themselves and the person responsible should have a chat ban, end of.... plus a name and shame thread :)
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited January 2010
      I may be wrong ( and I know you lot wont be slow to tell me ) but didn't Oynutter suggest a table button.?
    Posted by logdon
    I picked up on a post by XFALLENX where she told us about a site where you just have to type "poker manager" in the chat box, and a moderator comes straight on the table chat and asks what the problem is---great idea imo--the thread is in community suggestions, there is a poll so people can add thier support for the idea, and maybe we can get sky to implement it here

ps--the thread is called "XFALLENX TELLS SKY WHERE TO GO"----Lend your support if you think its a good idea
  • Options
    barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
    edited January 2010
    yes stars do that

i think people have to remember that the big american sites are probably ten thousand percent bigger than sky at present and can afford to monitor the tables

that said if some of you think the abuse on here is bad then dont try there :)

had some constant abuse at a cash table earlier, did i care? not a jot he did 5 full buyins and was tilting like a good un, nobody responded except a few ty's and ul nh e.t.c

the whole table took some money of him and he was getting more annoyed we werent responding he was tilting more and more

use it to your advantage