You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

slow multi tabling/crashing

cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
edited January 2010 in Community Help & Advice
I keep getting probs when playing >4 tables
unresponsive, slow, tables shutting down, error messages (IE has stopped working and is shutting down/flash scripts errors etc)

Could it be hardware? could it be affected by memory? Graphics card? etc etc. Is it possible to check what the problem may be?

I understand the scripts error is probably my resourses but would that also cause internet explorer problems and cause tables to just shut down?

Any ideas? 

Comments

• Options
    EENEEN Member Posts: 135
    edited January 2010
    Hey cott,

Post a brief summary of your pc's specification, and we can get a better idea of if its a hardware problem or not.

Even with the above, it could be a number of things, but its a good start for diagnosis.

Good luck,

EEN
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited January 2010
    i have also sent this thread to one of the technical team who will hopefully contact you soon
  • Options
    cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited January 2010
    Hi
    Maybe it's hardware
    I'm: Windows Vista :( , Intel core 2 duo CPU, 2.20 GHz, 2Gb ram.
    UInternet speed and reliability is v good

4 tables is fine
    5 is OK
    6+ = problems
  • Options
    Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: slow multi tabling/crashing:
    Hi Maybe it's hardware I'm: Windows Vista :( , Intel core 2 duo CPU, 2.20 GHz, 2Gb ram. UInternet speed and reliability is v good 4 tables is fine 5 is OK 6+ = problems
    Posted by cottlad

Hi Shaun,

Whilst awaiting a response from technical, here's my thoughts on your issue when multitabling.

From my understanding the adobe flash script error is caused by a flash application running whilst your PC is overloading. Flash applications by nature request a lot of power from your Processor, therefore depending on your PC specs, multitabling can eventually pass the threshold which your processor can handle and cause it to crash. Any other programs which are running which also require a good deal of processor power will therefore also reduce the no. tables you can play before you experience issues. Other programs would include:

Virus Scanners
    Scheduled reports (E.G. Defragmentation)
    Other flash applications (E.G Youtube)
    We've also received reports that toolbars, such as Google Toolbar & Skype Toolbar can also have an impact on performance.

As I understand it, your RAM and Graphics card should not really be an issue, but I'm sure a techie can confirm this. Based on the above you would likely see the same error if running other multiple flash programs, such as playing 5 or 6 Youtube videos simultaneously.

We will see what the techies can suggest, but I can confirm that we are currently investigating a few options which we believe will reduce the load on the PC's processor from the flash client. Therefore lower the requirements per table and allow every user to play more tables without experiencing issues.

Hope some of this info is useful

Best Wishes

Adam

• Options
    Sky_TechSky_Tech Member Posts: 23
    edited January 2010
    cottlad - Adam is spot on. It is likely to be CPU that is the bottle neck. We should get him a job in IT with such an expansive and infromative answer.

As Adam stated we do look to minimise the system resources required by our site.

Due to the vast differences in home PC's and what people have installed and run on them specific customer PC support is not possible. We strive to ensure that SkyPoker works for as many people as possible.

Your issue sounds very much that the sytem works until you start reaching the limits of your PC to provide the resources required by our site. Obviously running other concurrent applications - especially Flash - will have an further impact.

Form my understanding of OS's Vista is not as good as Windows 7 at managing system resources so that is one possible solution. But I cannot guarantee that will fix your issue. The work Adam and the rest of the team here are doing to reduce the resources required by our site is the best long term plan.

Sorry this is not a simple fix for you and I hope that playing 4 -5 tables provides you enough of a challenge. It would me but I am a bit of a fish when it comes to Poker.

Cheers,

Sky Tech