You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Cry me a river.

hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
edited May 2015 in Strategy
Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £38.92
hhyftrftdr Big blind  £0.20 £0.40 £20.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

Raise  £0.40 £0.80 £38.52
hhyftrftdr Call  £0.40 £1.20 £19.60
Flop

hhyftrftdr Check     
Bet  £0.80 £2.00 £37.72
hhyftrftdr Raise  £2.90 £4.90 £16.70
Call  £2.10 £7.00 £35.62
Turn

• K

hhyftrftdr Bet  £3.60 £10.60 £13.10
Call  £3.60 £14.20 £32.02
River

• A

We'd been playing HU for a couple of mins after the table (mostly) broke. Completely new name to me but he seemed decent, didn't limp his button, odd 3bet here and there, and was on other tables....so despite having basically no reads I could tell he was of at least a decent standard.

Thoughts on the best river line? Check and give him the opportunity to try and rep the hand that I have? Shove knowing that he knows that I know it's a great river for me to bluff and try and level a call out of him?

Any input much appreciated.

Comments

• 77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited January 2015

c/c river imo. There's very few hands that are calling a river jam that you beat on this run out whereas villain can have loads of missed fd's/78 etc.

Turn bet is on the small side considering the flop action/sizes. Would go nearer £4.50 with my whole betting range here.

• lnternetlnternet Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2015
    Flop raise is thin. The bots would agree raising this often but I think in practise you are a lot better off just calling flop.

Turn as played I really really prefer a XC. It's might look nonstandard, but betting does this: no worse hand calls, not better hand folds. And he will jam turn quite sometimes which is super annoying.

When you check turn, he will bluff all his worse draws. And he will check back his weak 1pairs!
    That's amazing for you.

River as played is thin value. XC is fine but you should bet this.
  • CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,805
    edited May 2015
    I think c/c river is fine the way hand played.

C/r flop is too dangerous I think as we just called pre so we are only repping draws and a set and we now commit ourselves to always having to bet turn and being OOP it leaves us in all sorts of tricky spots. I would much rather c/r turn as we would do this with all our strong made hands and if he checks back happy days - a free card!
  • F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited May 2015
    It's HU, ranges are wide so I'm fine with c/r flop although c/c fine too. Turn I agree with Chris that our turn bet is way too small - would we really make this sizing with a set or 2 pair? Checking is interesting too OTT and might be the better play.

c/c river for sure - betting is too thin without history and would require you to be raising lots of flops and barreling turns + rivers which somehow I can't see ;)