You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Back to complete basics - raise size from BB vs limpers

shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
edited May 2015 in Strategy
It's lazy, but is flicking the 'pot' button optimal or should I be going much larger as standard in these sort of spots?

I think I've been squeezing limpers way too much recently, I think this is somewhere I've been losing lots of money in truth. 

Had opened up to use as wide a range as 66+ K9s+, KJo+, Axs, A9o+, 9Ts+ with limpers in the pot, but at lower levels is it better to just keep a much tighter range oop (AQo+ and TT+), over-pot to charge the limps and let my other hands go / take a cheap flop (with a plan to fold anything less than 2pr or megadraws)?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
fSmall blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.26
shakinaces Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.90
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

fFold     
fFold     
xxxxCall  £0.10 £0.25 £10.55
xxxxCall  £0.10 £0.35 £2.51
fFold     
shakinaces Raise  £0.35 £0.70 £9.55
xxxxxCall  £0.35 £1.05 £10.20
xxxxxFold    

Comments

• BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited May 2015
    There's a famous article by David Sklansky entitled "don't turn AQ into 72". It doesn't answer your question directly, but it is valuable and could change the way you play sometimes in similar situations. Google the phrase.

AQ is too good a hand to squeeze, you're making a value raise. Since you're OOP you need to make it bigger than usual to thin the field. 35p did the trick above, but generally 50p would've been better.