You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Table move

JONONZIEJONONZIE Member Posts: 367
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat

Out of interest when you move tables is it random or does sky (or other poker sites) put you on a table with more or less the same chip size as the size you are holding,? also is the seating at the new table random i.e if you  get moved and you are big blind next (as i belive live play practice) will you be seated in a big blind next seat or is it just pick and mix?

Comments

• Options
    big_mick12big_mick12 Member Posts: 210
    edited January 2010
    I think you move to similar chips stacks. It always seems to be that way if its not. Nothing worse then building a decent stack at a weak table, gettin good reads on the players then being moved to the super aggro chip leader to your left. As to the postion think its a close to the pos you were moved from.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited January 2010

Table moves do not take into account stack sizes, either Live, or Online, anywhere.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

cheers mick it is frustrating as you say you pick up on players and how they play and slowly build up your stack only to be thrust onto a new table which sometimes has one large stack and 5 other small or medium stacks, and you need to watch how other players play before making a move or you happily playing with players of a similer stack size when another player arives whith a huge stack and starts to change the dynamics by bulling with his chip size 

• Options
    edited January 2010

thanks TK does that include live as I thought if there is a player move it is usualy the next big blind?
  • Options
    big_mick12big_mick12 Member Posts: 210
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Table move:
    Table moves do not take into account stack sizes, either Live, or Online, anywhere.
    Posted by Tikay10

It just always seems the way, when your short you seem to move to a table with a few shorties
  • Options
    edited January 2010
      thanks TK does that include live as I thought if there is a player move it is usualy the next big blind?
    Posted by JONONZIE
    That's a different question, if I understand you correctly.

In a well-run Live Venue, the Big Blind is always moved, & he/she is ALWAYS moved to the "worst seat" on his/her new Table. I don't know how that equation works Online though.

What I can say is that Live OR Online, no account is taken of relative Stack Sizes when Table Balancing occurs. The pros & cons of that are just part & parcel of poker. In a large-field Tourney, you can be moved 10 or 20 times. 
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Is that not hightism? could I sue?

• Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Table move : It just always seems the way, when your short you seem to move to a table with a few shorties
    Posted by big_mick12
    Yes - it seems that way. It's like outdraws - they seem to happen more than they really do. Trick of the mind. 
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Is that not hightism? could I sue?
    Posted by JONONZIE
    Good point.
  • Options
    major1962major1962 Member Posts: 178
    edited January 2010
    It must be completely random, stack size and table position!!
    Ive been moved several times where ive just had the bb and im 1 or 2 away from it again.
    Also ive been moved to a table with 5 out of the top 10 players  playing.
  • Options
    POTTSY82POTTSY82 Member Posts: 220
    edited January 2010
    It must be completely random, stack size and table position!! Ive been moved several times where ive just had the bb and im 1 or 2 away from it again. Also ive been moved to a table with 5 out of the top 10 players  playing.
    Posted by major1962
    I hate that when i'm short stacked and getting near the bubble
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited January 2010
    i had the large stack at a table in last nights BH and was dominating, then got moved and we must have had the top 6 stacks all on the same table lol, it was carnage.