You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Beating the donks

lizzard777lizzard777 Member Posts: 31
edited December 2021 in Strategy
Hi guys i play once a week in a donkfest many people call with any 2 wen hitting wont fold,we start with 5k.15 min blinds and start at 50-100,so after 3 levels you got just over 10bb left, what would be your advice for this tourney as early even if you raise wid ak youl get at least 4 callers ace comes on bord you in big danger hw would you play this mine field game?? Cheers in advance for your comments

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Beating the donks:
    Hi guys i play once a week in a donkfest many people call with any 2 wen hitting wont fold,we start with 5k.15 min blinds and start at 50-100,so after 3 levels you got just over 10bb left, what would be your advice for this tourney as early even if you raise wid ak youl get at least 4 callers ace comes on bord you in big danger hw would you play this mine field game?? Cheers in advance for your comments
    Posted by lizzard777
    Find a different tournament!
  • Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Beating the donks:
    Posted by lizzard777
    50BB starting is a true donkfest. Here's some general points to consider:

These guys will pay to see cheap flops early on and hope to double up. Charge them - forget 3x pre-flop raises, go 8x or 10x. 
    Play very few hands, but those you play you've got to consider whether you're willing to get all your chips in the middle on the flop - no fancy stuff, no check-raising the turn to get a free card on the river. You either move at it on the flop or you're gone (raising 8 or 10x means that the pot is big enough). 
    Avoid drawing hands like the plague (are you playing KQ as a big hand or drawing hand? Decide and act accordingly).
    Don't set mine.
    Don't make advertising plays - there's just no point.
    Get big cards and play them strongly.
    Attack the middle stacks when you shove pre (big and small will play back at you, for differing reasons).
    Get lucky.

• Options
    lizzard777lizzard777 Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Beating the donks:
    In Response to Beating the donks : 50BB starting is a true donkfest. Here's some general points to consider: These guys will pay to see cheap flops early on and hope to double up. Charge them - forget 3x pre-flop raises, go 8x or 10x.  Play very few hands, but those you play you've got to consider whether you're willing to get all your chips in the middle on the flop - no fancy stuff, no check-raising the turn to get a free card on the river. You either move at it on the flop or you're gone (raising 8 or 10x means that the pot is big enough).  Avoid drawing hands like the plague (are you playing KQ as a big hand or drawing hand? Decide and act accordingly). Don't set mine. Don't make advertising plays - there's just no point. Get big cards and play them strongly. Attack the middle stacks when you shove pre (big and small will play back at you, for differing reasons). Get lucky.
    Well I sat back played my premium hands raised 5-6 bb. Got to final table and bubbled it but 4th not a bad result