You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mini-view chat box???

richtearichtea Member Posts: 143
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
I posted this in the "Community Suggestions" section, but not many people seem to venture into that forum, so i'll post it here as well:

I was playing this afternoon (on mini-view) and was inadvertently involved in a one-way conversation which resulted in the other player thinking I was ignoring them.

Chat/banter is a great part of poker, it's a shame so many tables seem to be silent now as everyone's on mini-view. Any chance of incorporating a chat facility for mini-view?

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited January 2010

It'd be quite hard to give enough virtual room for this Mr Biscuit.

I fully get where you are coming from, & it's particularly relevant to my fellow PTP-ers, as we are expected to chat, & we are most certainly not expected to ignore questions.

It's just very hard to make it practical, given the space limitations. Also, most people multi-tabling don't really have time to chat.

An interesting conundrum.
  • Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited January 2010
    You would have to have some seriously good eye sight to be able to read chat on mini-view, seems pointless to me mate no offence.
  • Options
    richtearichtea Member Posts: 143
    edited January 2010
    I appreciate the "super multi-tablers" with their 16 tables and 2 monitors wouldn't have time to chat. I usually play 3 or 4 at once, and on my screen there would still be enough space for a small chat box (about the same size as the one in normal view if you don't have 'enable large chat window' clicked on).

Another option (which I think has been mentioned elsewhere) is to have a facility which tells the other players you're on mini-view, so you don't come across as ignorant... 
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Mini-view chat box???:
    I appreciate the "super multi-tablers" with their 16 tables and 2 monitors wouldn't have time to chat. I usually play 3 or 4 at once, and on my screen there would still be enough space for a small chat box (about the same size as the one in normal view if you don't have 'enable large chat window' clicked on).   Another option (which I think has been mentioned elsewhere) is to have a facility which tells the other players you're on mini-view, so you don't come across as ignorant... 
    Posted by richtea
    I know some people put "multi tabling" or "mini view" as there location so people can tell there not being ignorant
  • Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited January 2010
    im with you on this richtea!!

i am a chatty player and alot of the time i dont get a response!!

they are probably just ignoring me most of the time as i go on and on and on and on..................

but im sure a few are multitabling and cant see my comments.

maybe sky could have some sort of symbol showing they are playing on more than one table??
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Mini-view chat box???:
    I appreciate the "super multi-tablers" with their 16 tables and 2 monitors wouldn't have time to chat. I usually play 3 or 4 at once, and on my screen there would still be enough space for a small chat box (about the same size as the one in normal view if you don't have 'enable large chat window' clicked on).   Another option (which I think has been mentioned elsewhere) is to have a facility which tells the other players you're on mini-view, so you don't come across as ignorant... 
    Posted by richtea

I think this is an excellent idea