You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Total Player For Daveyzz?

barky1barky1 Member Posts: 3
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
I have been a  player  on and watching sky poker ever since the site and show got up and running.One player over the time this site and show as been running in peticular is a guy named "DAVEYZZ".
Who I have noticed that he is a very consistant MTT winner having won The Open on 3 or 4 occasions,he won the £15,000 Bounty Hunter,won the ......
FIVE-OO, Second place in the £25,000 Primo, won 8 velocities and if I remember correctly  he won an Open & Velocity on the same evening.His latest escapade was winning The Newcastle Live Sky Poker Event On Saturday 9/01/10.
I have been watching Sky Pokers recently newly formed TOTAL PLAYER competition and it as come to my attention that MTT players do not seem to be having a fair crack of the whip as it looks like the players getting the attention in this total player comp are big stake cash players( I understand you are looking at 1 or 2 smaller stake cash players too) but how can such a consistant player and winner & probably Sky Pokers most successful MTT Player is overlooked by the so called experts  ??  surely this player would of been one of the selectors choices just on his results alone !!!!  ?????

Comments

• Options
    Sky_LingSky_Ling Member Posts: 317
    edited January 2010
    Hi Barky1,

Thanks for your post and i'm sure Daveyzz is flattered that you appreciate his game.

I just need to clarify a few points for you. 

As with any competition TOTAL PLAYER has terms and conditions which are designed to make the competition fair and equal. As stated on the website; the mentors pick their top ten players and subsequently members of their team from the top 50 players across the site each week. But above all, THESE PLAYERS NEED TO BE CONTACTABLE, otherwise we move down the list...

Currently 2 of the players who have progressed to bootcamp qualified via the MTT route, therefore to say that tournament players are not getting a fair crack at the whip is simply incorrect.

MTT is a high variance, which i'm sure any tournament player will appreciate.
    However there are still 2 weeks in which, you, Daveyzz or any Sky poker player have the chance to make the top 50. I wish you all the luck on the baize.

Kind regards

Aisling
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    Are you DaveyZZ's Dad?    :-)
  • Options
    barky1barky1 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Total Player For Daveyzz?:
    Are you DaveyZZ's Dad?    :-)
    Posted by MereNovice

No I aint  his dad LOL. Thanks  for your swift reply Sky.I overlooked the fact that you can qaulify through the site.Still. I believe such a player should be taken on board with a mentor  just for his achievements alone  with Sky Poker  as I would feel the same for any other player with such a good track record.. go's without even thinking about it  really.