You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

too tight to fold?

shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
edited August 2015 in Strategy
Probably a missed cbet - but figured l/c could include lots of midpairs that are calling any cbet anyway, so planned a delayed cbet on the turn.

Kept bet small on turn figuring small and midpairs were still a big part of oppos range and didn't want to scare them off now I had top pair.

Then I was left just plain confused by the 3/4 donk on the river.  Time-out-folded but think I was leant to a fold anyway.  Is that just too tight in this spot?  Struggling to put many Qx hands in their range.  Seems odd they wouldn't lead the turn if they had 44/99/J9 in order to get some value from their monster.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
nadie26 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £6.60
BOSSPUP Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £4.90
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • K

xxxxxCall  £0.10 £0.25 £9.52
 Call  £0.10 £0.35 £4.28
AND13 Fold     
shakinaces Raise  £0.50 £0.85 £10.34
nadie26 Fold     
BOSSPUP Fold     
xxxxxCall  £0.40 £1.25 £9.12
 Fold     
Flop

xxxxxxCheck     
shakinaces Check     
Turn

• J

xxxxxxCheck     
shakinaces Bet  £0.60 £1.85 £9.74
xxxxxxCall  £0.60 £2.45 £8.52
River

• Q

xxxxxxBet  £1.84 £4.29 £6.68
shakinaces Fold     
xxxxxxMuck     
xxxxxxWin  £2.26  £8.94
xxxxxxReturn  £1.84 £0.19 £10.78

Comments

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    edited July 2015
    The only hands i can see doing this pre are AQ/ KQ /QJ ((no notes i assume), villians not got auto rebuy ticked , so maybes hes bad).
    And if he is bad  Q4 and 4x could be in his range, Ide tag him green and  observe him.
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited July 2015
    Given we've checked the flop (and so are likely to check the turn too), I'd expect almost everyone to always lead the turn with 4x and 99 so I'd discount those.

Generally, loose/passive villian takes off and stops being in c/c mode, he has it. I'd expect QJ to be around the bottom of his range after he bets river, with the most likely hands being T8/KT

EDIT: forgot to actually reply to question... nah i dont think a fold is too tight at all, unless you have notes they spew spots like this, readless its a clear fold imo.
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited July 2015
    Cool cheers both.

I only asked as I've obviously capped my own range by checking flop and weakly betting turn.  Only value hand I'd do that with would be 99 if I didn't expect to get called on flop (although would probably still 1/2 pot and hope to get called by mid-pairs / floated by overs).

I suppose if it was bluff it's more likely they'd c/r the weak turn bet than call/donk river and must have gone ahead with the Q.