You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Tighting range Vs Multiple All-Ins

ShakeylakeShakeylake Member Posts: 14
edited December 2021 in Strategy
So I am sitting with about 15k in chips with the blinds at 200/400 on the button. We are 9 handed.

UTG has recently taken a phone call and once told to get off the phone said to his friend "I'll be out soon" he's currently got about 12k in chips and shoved a few hands ago with 44 and got it through.

He raises to 2k, and it's folded to the HJ who has recently doubled up to around 6k with 99. He shoves for his 6k, and I look down to find AKo - I call his 6k AI.

The Small blind folds and the Big Bling who has not been at the table very long calls for their remaining 5k.

The original raiser now raises all in for his additional 6k and it's on me to call.

At this point I snap call thinking that the pot odds make it too good of an opportunity.

BB turns over AKo, UTG shows Kc10c and the HJ shows AQo.

The flop comes X-Xc-Qc, X, X-c giving the UTG raiser a Flush.

Looking back, should I really be calling the shove over the top for 5K more? I know there is already 20k in the pot, but at this point if I fold I will still have around 10k behind which is above average. With their shoves it leaves my two cards very vulnerable as they are between them probably carrying my outs.
The player to my right in the CO told me that he had also folded A-10 meaning there are no Aces left in the deck and only one King.

So in this spot, should I be giving up the 6K I've put in originally and letting them fight it out?

Sorry for the long post!

Comments

• Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited July 2015
    raise pre better than c/c
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited July 2015
    Re-shove over the shove, as played you 100% have to call. Lots of time you'll see spots like what happened where you have everyone crushed, doesnt matter that they have your outs, cos u dont' need to hit anything w/ AK v AQ v KT for example, it's rare youll see AA/KK and against anything else you have a great price/great equity.
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited July 2015
    You're going to Macau and happy to play 2-5NL cash yet you don't know what to do here? As Lambert said, re-shove over the shove and call now.

Also, how do you know CO has AT? Surely he only told you after the action and not before you had called?
  • Options
    alex1229alex1229 Member Posts: 680
    edited July 2015
    Your complicating things so hard. When guy shoves for 6k, you move all in. You got it in good and lost, next hand.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Tighting range Vs Multiple All-Ins:
    Re-shove over the shove, as played you 100% have to call. Lots of time you'll see spots like what happened where you have everyone crushed, doesnt matter that they have your outs, cos u dont' need to hit anything w/ AK v AQ v KT for example, it's rare youll see AA/KK and against anything else you have a great price/great equity.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Makes sense - looking back, I definitely wasn't aware that the original raiser had much more behind. I should be shoving ratehr than calling there and I don't know why I didn't.

Think I am just being results oriented and questioning an otherwise straightforward decision.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    You're going to Macau and happy to play 2-5NL cash yet you don't know what to do here? As Lambert said, re-shove over the shove and call now. Also, how do you know CO has AT? Surely he only told you after the action and not before you had called?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    What's that got to do with anything? I'm comfortable playing 2-5NL so not sure why that's an issue...

Yes, he told me after the action, but post-hand I just questioned if I should be calling a 4-way pot without a made hand when my opponents likely have some of my outs.

Thanks for the advice...
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Tighting range Vs Multiple All-Ins : Makes sense - looking back, I definitely wasn't aware that the original raiser had much more behind. I should be shoving ratehr than calling there and I don't know why I didn't. Think I am just being results oriented and questioning an otherwise straightforward decision.
    Posted by Shakeylake
    Massive mistake here, got to be aware of stack sizes