You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Royal Flush!!!!

WAL5HY72WAL5HY72 Member Posts: 1
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Could someone tell me what the odds are of flopping a Royal Flush, as i acheived it while playing a Bounty Hunter satellite.
Thanks

Wal5hy72

Comments

• Options
    Elvis_FElvis_F Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2010
    1 in 649,740

....having A, K, Q, J or 10 as the first hole card, is 20/52. The next hole card must be one of the other four cards of the same suit which make the royal straight, so 4/51. The three flop cards are 3/50, 2/49, and 1/48.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    Or to put it another way I've played for over 40 years (7 years online) and had one.
  • Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Royal Flush!!!!:
    1 in 649,740 ....having A, K, Q, J or 10 as the first hole card, is 20/52. The next hole card must be one of the other four cards of the same suit which make the royal straight, so 4/51. The three flop cards are 3/50, 2/49, and 1/48.
    Posted by Elvis_F

That's correct for Hold 'Em. 

With 4 hole cards to use in Omaha the odds must be lower. Is anybody smart enough to work that one out?
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Royal Flush!!!!:
    Could someone tell me what the odds are of flopping a Royal Flush, as i acheived it while playing a Bounty Hunter satellite. Thanks Wal5hy72
    Posted by WAL5HY72
    19,600/1 are the odds in omaha,

over and out roborover
  • Options
    JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited January 2010
    Or to put it another way I've played for over 40 years (7 years online) and had one.
    Posted by elsadog

I must be much better than you at Poker ;) lol, I've only been playing 6 months and I've had TWO

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Royal Flush!!!! : I must be much better than you at Poker ;) lol, I've only been playing 6 months and I've had TWO
    Posted by JockBMW
    I usually fold early doors so never see one coming :o) ............ and yes you probably are.
  • Options
    JPW33JPW33 Member Posts: 326
    edited January 2010
    Should I do the lottery this weekend as Ive only been playing online for 1 month and had 2 Royal Flushes ?!!!!!
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited January 2010
    Should I do the lottery this weekend as Ive only been playing online for 1 month and had 2 Royal Flushes ?!!!!!
    Posted by JPW33
    Hi

I have been playing 13 months and had 6
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Royal Flush!!!! : Hi I have been playing 13 months and had 6
    Posted by acebarry10
    Yeah but you're Sky's favourite ;-)

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited January 2010
    BTW if you're holding suited broadway cards such as AK then the odds are 19599:1 of flopping the QJ10 same suit.
  • Options
    JPW33JPW33 Member Posts: 326
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Royal Flush!!!! : Hi I have been playing 13 months and had 6
    Posted by acebarry10
    So in 13 months of playing Im on for 26 at the current rate !!!!!
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2010
    14 years of playing, only had one but that was on an iPod so doesn't count >:o(