You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Master Cash 16th Jan - Make Your Play TWO

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat

More hardcore lingo in here.......

This time it's £0.50 - £1, 5 handed.

Villain is 32/26 over 275 hands, 50% steal (76% btn). He was loose pre-flop, but seemed passive post-flop. He has the Button.

Hero is SB with Ts-Ks.

Button Raises to £3, Hero back-raises it to £10, Button Calls the £7. Game on.

Flop = 5d-Tc-6s

Hero bets £16. Button CALLS.

Turn 7c

5d-Tc-6s-7c

Hero puts the brakes on & checks, Button Bets £40, Hero Calls.

River 3c

5d-Tc-6s-7c-3c

Hero checks, Button bets £66.50.

Hero.....

Folds?

Calls?

Raises?

Use the Vote option, please.

Feel free to send in e-Mails to the Show, too, though keep them concise, as time is precious. The e-addy is skyopen@bskyb.com

Comments

• Options
    zxghostxzzxghostxz Member Posts: 482
    edited January 2010
    i voted fold . smells like trips for the button, if not trips, a 10, picture pok pair..wat ever buttons got i think heros beat.. even tho the river bets a bit dodgy.i think its a bet that wants to be called so dont call it.....
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited January 2010
    It looks like loose raise from button with any 2, but calls your raise in position. after your continuation bet he smooths. On turn he sees weakness so bets. By the river he could easily have made a straight or some weird two pair, or even running clubs for a flush.

Too many hands beat top pair 2nd best kicker for a reraise, and a call just seems like we're paying him off.
  • Options
    FlutNushFlutNush Member Posts: 371
    edited January 2010
    For me, this is a clear fold. Even though villain has been loose and stealing, once they've called the big pre-flop raise, I'm cautious from here on in.

I therefore don't like the size or frequency of Hero's raises with a paired 10 (even if the kicker is good). If I was still in by the river, I'd be worried about everything: A straight, an over pair... an under pair that's hit the set, and any flush (including an unlikely straight flush). There's too many ways Hero is beat in this hand.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

Im not liking the re raise pre out of position here with a troublesome hand like king ten....

Got myself in a mess here, the stack sizes arent noted? .......(dusnt effect the final decision, just the way the hand has played so far..)

If hes raising 75% of buttons....obv he cud have anything....I think some freaky low 2 pair is more likely than the big overpair - I like his style.

As for the hand...I really dunno, like I said, he could be holding anything, personally if I was sat on the left of this guy, Id either leave the table or change seats, nightmare to play OOP against when defending my blind.

If his post flop play has been passive, and he has been showing down strong hands to win pots, then his approach of leading the turn and the river when he could check and get to showdown cheaply, inclines me to call.....He either has a monster and wants paying or I think hes bluffing. I fold, as I believe there are better spots....but for a passive post flop player to suddenly go abit crackers and play different to he has been previously, stinks abit.

DOHH

• Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Master Cash 16th Jan - Make Your Play TWO:
    More hardcore lingo in here....... This time it's £0.50 - £1, 5 handed. Villain is 32/26 over 275 hands, 50% steal (76% btn). He was loose pre-flop, but seemed passive post-flop. He has the Button. Hero is SB with Ts-Ks. Button Raises to £3, Hero back-raises it to £10, Button Calls the £7. Game on. Flop = 5d-Tc-6s Hero bets £16. Button CALLS. Turn 7c 5d-Tc-6s-7c Hero puts the brakes on & checks, Button Bets £40, Hero Calls. River 3c 5d-Tc-6s-7c-3c Hero checks, Button bets £66.50. Hero..... Folds? Calls? Raises? Use the Vote option, please. Feel free to send in e-Mails to the Show, too, though keep them concise, as time is precious. The e-addy is skyopen@bskyb.com
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hero did a what?! lololol :-)

It's a fold for me mate.
  • Options
    salazarsalazar Member Posts: 330
    edited January 2010
    Tikay are you sure you should be using software stats when a lot of people wont know what they are?

VPIP - (vol put money in pot) 32 (quite loose but not crazy)
    PFR - (pre flop raise) 26 (aggressive - 26 times out of 32 he raises pre flop)

LAGish player (loose aggresive)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Master Cash 16th Jan - Make Your Play TWO:
    In Response to Master Cash 16th Jan - Make Your Play TWO : Hero did a what?! lololol :-) It's a fold for me mate.
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Lolol, good spot!

For donkey's years, we "back-raised", I did it regularly, at least every 2 years.

But suddenly, a year or so ago, the expression became the wordy equivelant of non personna grata, & the boys all get cross with me when I use it. So I use it all the more.......

PS - Take a look at the "Ask tikay" Thread please, there's a Gent who asked a question which you might want to comment on. 
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Tikay are you sure you should be using software stats when a lot of people wont know what they are? VPIP - (vol put money in pot) 32 (quite loose but not crazy) PFR - (pre flop raise) 26 (aggressive - 26 times out of 32 he raises pre flop) LAGish player (loose aggresive)
    Posted by salazar
    Hi Salazar,

No, I'm not actually, as I indicated in MYP One. As I suggested, the questions are supplied to me by Queen-Ling, I just type them up.*

But I added that it'd be interesting to see if players knew or understood the abbs, & more pertinently, how they'd interpret what they mean.

My plan was to wait until a few folks had commented, & then explain/comment as appropriate.

The interesting factoid here is that all the nosebleed boys speak in those terms, & none of them could imagine life without tracking software. Whereas I've never used it in my life, & never will.

So far I've been picked up for using old-speak ("back-raise"), & kidz-speak ("VPIP" etc). Which was exactly what I wanted. Any Master Cash noise is good noise.

I will comment upon VPIP & PFR & associated gobbledeygook later.

* I should add, before Posh-Lady shouts at me, that "back-raise" was NOT in the draft she gave to me. I just get that rebellious streak in me now & then. Next up in street-speak - "I peeled".....

• Options
    Sky_LingSky_Ling Member Posts: 317
    edited January 2010
    Tikay are you sure you should be using software stats when a lot of people wont know what they are? VPIP - (vol put money in pot) 32 (quite loose but not crazy) PFR - (pre flop raise) 26 (aggressive - 26 times out of 32 he raises pre flop) LAGish player (loose aggresive)
    Posted by salazar
    Hi Salazar,

First of all thanks for your explanation on the software stats front.

The reason I have chosen to include them in the Make Your Play scenarios is to provoke a response.

Sky Poker is about educating people on online poker - if I don't offer up alternative aspects of online poker I would be failing in my remit.

I'm not a fan of spoon feeding - so the idea was to wait for the questions and then elaborate - hopefully making it a two way conversation which could then be developed by those players already familiar with the software.

Kind regards

Aisling

• Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited January 2010
    As played fold river.

I would think that a CRAI on the turn is the best way forward here.
  • Options
    salazarsalazar Member Posts: 330
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Master Cash 16th Jan - Make Your Play TWO : Hi Salazar, First of all thanks for your explanation on the software stats front. The reason I have chosen to include them in the Make Your Play scenarios is to provoke a response. Sky Poker is about educating people on online poker - if I don't offer up alternative aspects of online poker I would be failing in my remit. I'm not a fan of spoon feeding - so the idea was to wait for the questions and then elaborate - hopefully making it a two way conversation which could then be developed by those players already familiar with the software. Kind regards Aisling
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    Hi Sky Ling and Tikay

I don't have a problem with introducing this kind of info as education is the name of the game. Plus I suppose if sky gets its download version people will probably want to start using it. 

Sorry if I spoiled the debate you had in mind

Salazar 
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited January 2010

Hi Guys,

I think that this is a fold, yes we may still be ahead, but with a flush and a one card straight, i believe i can save my money for a better spot/situation. I also think that the re(back)raise by the hero is a bit "questionable" against an aggro prefloper.

col

• Options
    pr1nnyraidpr1nnyraid Member Posts: 495
    edited January 2010
    this hand is a must fold and probly a must leave the table, check calling the turn to check fold a brick on the river is a total spew. so for that reason i dont check call the turn either. This hand would tilt me if i played it like this.