You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Tonight's Showwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..............

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat

We lost last week's Thursday Show, but tonight, there's no snow, so we have a Show.

8pm - midnight, Channel 865, & it's simulcasted on Sky Sports 4 from 10pm. Sky Sports 4? Eh? I guess that was Sky Sports Extra hitherto.

The Tourney is a £12,000 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter, entry cost is £20 + £2.

A quite splendid guest, too, who's been on before - the football legend that is Ron "Chopper" Harris. I was barely a teenager when Ron made his Chelsea debut, & he went on to play for them for 18 years, including in what many consider to be the greatest Cup-Final of all time, in 1970 vs Leeds United, who were the Big Bully Boys in those days before their spectacular fall from grace under Mr Ridsdale & Co. In his later career, post-Chelsea, Ron played for Brentford, too, so he did eventually reach the very top.

So, share a journey with us tonight. The Driver will, be D P Fitzgerald, (he who semi-Finalled in Saturdays SPT!) & I shall be in the Co-Pilot's seat, in what is quite a rare pairing.

Nothing is perfect, of course, & we shall be speaking to tonight's PTP-er. Yup, Orford. I can't get away from him, sigh.

Comments

• Options
    hawk7112hawk7112 Member Posts: 3,627
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Tonight's Showwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..............:
    We lost last week's Thursday Show, but tonight, there's no snow, so we have a Show. 8pm - midnight, Channel 865, & it's simulcasted on Sky Sports 4 from 10pm. Sky Sports 4? Eh? I guess that was Sky Sports Extra hitherto. The Tourney is a £12,000 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter, entry cost is £20 + £2. A quite splendid guest, too, who's been on before - the football legend that is Ron "Chopper" Harris. I was barely a teenager when Ron made his Chelsea debut, & he went on to play for them for 18 years, including in what many consider to be the greatest Cup-Final of all time, in 1970 vs Leeds United, who were the Big Bully Boys in those days before their spectacular fall from grace under Mr Ridsdale & Co. In his later career, post-Chelsea, Ron playedf for Brentford, too, so he did eventually reach the very top. So, share a journey with us tonight. The Driver will, be D P Fitzgerald, (he who semi-Finalled in Saturdays SPT!) & I shall be in the Co-Pilot's seat, in what is quite a rare pairing. Nothing is perfect, of course, & we shall be speaking to tonight's PTP-er. Yup, Orford. I can't get away from him, sigh.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I didn't realise Ron Harris was 197 years old Tk.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited January 2010

Steady on now Mr Squawk, steady on.

Don't forget, send in your e-Mails to the Show - the addy is, as per usual, skyopen@bskyb.com

Did you know that Ron "Chopper" Harris is currently trying to beat a world record?

• Options
    hawk7112hawk7112 Member Posts: 3,627
    edited January 2010
    Has it anything to do with a taxi, blue jumper or maybe a flower pot?

Mr Squawk
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited January 2010
    Yup, Orford. I can't get away from him, yup we all have our cross to carry
  • Options
    OnlyOneCTOnlyOneCT Member Posts: 1,181
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Showwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..............:
    Steady on now Mr Squawk, steady on. Don't forget, send in your e-Mails to the Show - the addy is, as per usual, skyopen@bskyb.com   Did you know that Ron "Chopper" Harris is currently trying to beat a world record?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ain't he trying to become the 1 millionth person to have knocked out Richard Orford in a poker tournament :) lol!.......

So i'm assuming we will see an appearance from Norris Mcwhirter when it happens?...
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited January 2010
    Notice to D.P - WE WANT THE JACKIE STALLONE STORY ;-)
  • Options
    TiaDalmaTiaDalma Member Posts: 454
    edited January 2010
    WD to all In the SPT, especially D.P who I was rooting for all the way. One of the gallery pictures of him was classic - talk about excited as he's looking down at his chips!  Thanks for the great updates throughout really enjoyed It.
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited January 2010
    Oxo won the national in 1959 @ 8/1 scudmore

Gareth