You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

rules

ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat

iwant to know what the rule is on passing chips

i know in a toury you cant do it     but what about heads up play

i play a bit of heads up and if theres some1 i know is a ok person and they time out throught connection problems i will give then there chips back and start fresh if they come back on however i got told this is not allowed and you can be kicked for it    is this true 

in my opinion i cant see a problem in it as there is no advantage to any1 else and the only dissagvantage is to the player giving the chips back     please let me know

Comments

• Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited January 2010
    I've seen something on here recently about this. I don't think there is anything wrong with a person having morals and returning the chips they have gained due to disconection, if fact i think there is everything right with it (don't get me wrong im not saying i have enough morals to do it lol)

Soft Play and chip passing is against the site rules but i would imagine that if anyone pulled you on it and the situation was explained, the site could check that no advantage was gained and i imagine it would be left there
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

I asked this, n I still dnt understand why passing cash at a HU table is frowned upon, on the condition that the 2 players do not then go and play at the same cash table...surely this wud be easy to trace?

• Options
    edited January 2010

yes i passed chips back to anjie cos she was disconnected but some1 said its not allowed on sites just wanted to know the deal ty for your responce
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: rules:
    I asked this, n I still dnt understand why passing cash at a HU table is frowned upon, on the condition that the 2 players do not then go and play at the same cash table...surely this wud be easy to trace?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I remember when you asked actually Dohhh and i don't think anyone would question your intentions behind it (i.e to help out a mate as there is no money transfer facility on SKY). I think it is so stringently enforced for a number of reasons none of which i've read up on for this site but could take a stab at. i would imagine they don't want people colluding on ring games then passing profits between each other, i also imagine that something would come under the money laundering act about it as people could channel money through different bank accounts using sky as middle agent to "Clean" up it's origins. Like i say just an educated guess but when things like fraud and laundering are involved then it has to be a blanket rule on things like this
  • Options
    anjie1970anjie1970 Member Posts: 410
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: rules:
     yes i passed chips back to anjie cos she was disconnected but some1 said its not allowed on sites just wanted to know the deal ty for your responce
    Posted by ckd
    sorry ckd hope i havent got u in trouble. im sure tk wudda said wen he answered my post about u. anj
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited January 2010
    In Response to rules:
     iwant to know what the rule is on passing chips  i know in a toury you cant do it     but what about heads up play  i play a bit of heads up and if theres some1 i know is a ok person and they time out throught connection problems i will give then there chips back and start fresh if they come back on however i got told this is not allowed and you can be kicked for it    is this true  in my opinion i cant see a problem in it as there is no advantage to any1 else and the only dissagvantage is to the player giving the chips back     please let me know
    Posted by ckd
    Hi ckd

I find just clicking the away button and waiting does it :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010

hey anjie no trouble just wanted to know what the deal with it was

i was speaking to some 1 they said that they did the same thing and was kicked from there site over it
     no1 here has said anything about it just want to know the take on it thats all 
    so i dont get in trouble if it is a prob

ty ace didnt think of just folding till equal do that if theres a prob with it ty
  • Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited January 2010
    I think it's a very honourable and lovely thing to do!!!

x