You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

get a fkn grip sky

_Gaz_23_Gaz_23 Member Posts: 6
edited December 2021 in Strategy
 wish someone from sky would look back at my hand history for the last 2 months, and see the sht  i have been losing to especially in tourniment.. why anyone would shove 44 or q9 out of position but sky seems to reward them more often than not.
  honestly the amount of time i have had people shove in front of me with psh when i,m holding AA OR KK QQ OR JJ and i lose all the fkn time.. its dishearting and really am starting to go off sky after playing on it nearly every day for years.. think its time for a change.. really sick of this pish random my fkn as s yous D*&ks

Comments

• Options
    _Gaz_23_Gaz_23 Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2015
    In Response to get a fkn grip sky:
     wish someone from sky would look back at my hand history for the last 2 months, and see the sht  i have been losing to especially in tourniment.. why anyone would shove 44 or q9 out of position but sky seems to reward them more often than not.   honestly the amount of time i have had people shove in front of me with psh when i,m holding AA OR KK QQ OR JJ and i lose all the fkn time.. its dishearting and really am starting to go off sky after playing on it nearly every day for years.. think its time for a change.. really sick of this pish random my fkn as s yous D*&ks
    Posted by _Gaz_23

oh and may i add this seems to happen everytime i cash out

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,320
    edited October 2015
    In Response to get a fkn grip sky:
     wish someone from sky would look back at my hand history for the last 2 months, and see the sht  i have been losing to especially in tourniment.. why anyone would shove 44 or q9 out of position but sky seems to reward them more often than not.   honestly the amount of time i have had people shove in front of me with psh when i,m holding AA OR KK QQ OR JJ and i lose all the fkn time.. its dishearting and really am starting to go off sky after playing on it nearly every day for years.. think its time for a change.. really sick of this pish random my fkn as s yous D*&ks
    Posted by _Gaz_23

Not sure of the need for the profanities.  You might get a better reception, and some help with your game if you did not abuse everyone so.

Good luck wherever you play. 
  • Options
    stuarty117stuarty117 Member Posts: 1,395
    edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: get a fkn grip sky:
    In Response to get a fkn grip sky : oh and may i add this seems to happen everytime i cash out
    Posted by _Gaz_23

If you are cashing out surley this means you have been winning :))
  • Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: get a fkn grip sky : If you are cashing out surley this means you have been winning :))
    Posted by stuarty117
    People usually start losing when they cash out. It's not because of any big conspiracy, it's just chance evening itself out.

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    edited October 2015
    In Response to get a fkn grip sky : oh and may i add this seems to happen everytime i cash out
    Posted by _Gaz_23

A few years ago , I used to play Bridge, competition Bridge. I reached a high standard.

Because i played a lot and  I read a lot of bridge books, I got good at it. The two went  together. Reading and playing.

As I was climbing the bridge ladder and finishing near the tops of events quite often, I was being noticed and getting  invited into new partnerships with better players.

When I started with a new partner and we discussed strategies playing styles and ironed out any differences in our bidding/ styles etc..we would normally win a few events , and then the good runs would taper off . It would happen often. An initial high, then lows would come.

I read up on what we could be doing wrong and it boiled down to this...

In a new partnership , we both didn't want to let the other player down, so we would be disciplined and focused at first , then after a while. Complacency would creep in, and bad habits that were beneath the surface would  re-surface.

I see this happening with my poker, after I cash out any amount, I ALWAYS hit a down swing, its not a poker site hitting a doom switch, Its my thinking thats changed and my playing attitude.

I think... I built this roll up from a fiver last time , ill do it again this should be a doddle.

Its my attitude that's changed, instead of being as focused as I was with my initial deposit , I'm a bit lackadaisical and expect the monies to come flooding in, and they never do.

And, I ignore the face that my roll got so high in the first place because I sucked out at a stake that was far too high for me anyway.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

I'd be quite interested if someone could explain to me how this so-called "cashout curse" actually works in practice.

Let's be honest, Sky Poker's software works fine, & is fit for purpose, but it's hardly the most sophisticated, state of the art bit of kit out there, is it? (They don't even have antes yet).

So how exactly does it work, explain to me what Sky Poker do when someone cashes out, what sort of button do they press, what bit of code do they change?

For your first clue, there is zero linkage between Account Management & the poker software.

So what are we suggesting Sky Poker (or any other online poker site, because the myth exists equally on all sites) do when someone cashes out to change the outcome of poker hands of one specific account? Does it do something automatically, or does a little man have to do it manually every time a player cashes out?

Must be a neat bit of software, that.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Oh.
    Ive not explained  myself well. 

Im saying the doom switch is self inflicted. Self activated.

My poker playing is more erratic after a cash out. After a cashout.
    I think i just have to turn up at the table and its going to be a win win win session.

Its like, delusions of gradure after a cash out. 
    After a cash out when im a good few buyins down and it dawns on me that im playing terribly. Then i knuckle down and concentrate up and manage to turn things around.

There is a doom switch. But its in the players head.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Oh. Ive not explained  myself well.  Im saying the doom switch is self inflicted. Self activated. My poker playing is more erratic after a cash out. After a cashout. I think i just have to turn up at the table and its going to be a win win win session. Its like, delusions of gradure after a cash out.  After a cash out when im a good few buyins down and it dawns on me that im playing terribly. Then i knuckle down and concentrate up and manage to turn things around. There is a doom switch. But its in the players head.
    Posted by mumsie
    Ha, I was not replying to your completely logical post Mr Mumsie, I was more replying to the OP, & musing out loud.

It really does fascinate me how people think this "cashout curse" is somehow the fault of the poker site. I've seen it suggested 10,000 times or more, but not once has anyone tried to explain how it actually works, what the mechanics are. Because they can't, of course. It seems players can say what they like, with no proof or logic, but of course the Sites dare not reply in kind. One way street, & all that. It's bang wrong. IMO, obv.   

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited October 2015
    I'd be quite interested if someone could explain to me how this so-called "cashout curse" actually works in practice. Let's be honest, Sky Poker's software works fine, & is fit for purpose, but it's hardly the most sophisticated, state of the art bit of kit out there, is it? (They don't even have antes yet). So how exactly does it work, explain to me what Sky Poker do when someone cashes out, what sort of button do they press, what bit of code do they change? For your first clue, there is zero linkage between Account Management & the poker software. So what are we suggesting Sky Poker (or any other online poker site, because the myth exists equally on all sites) do when someone cashes out to change the outcome of poker hands of one specific account? Does it do something automatically, or does a little man have to do it manually every time a player cashes out? Must be a neat bit of software, that.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    I wish it was automatic!......It takes up so much of my time
  • Options
    edited October 2015

^^^^

:)

Very good.

What do you do if all 6 players on the table cashed out recently - award the pot to someone on another table?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,112
    edited October 2015
    ^^^^ :) Very good. What do you do if all 6 players on the table cashed out recently - award the pot to someone on anothet table?
    Posted by Tikay10
    No-the "MattBates 2-outer" button is applied!
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited October 2015
    How did I miss this gem of a thread.

I imagine pretty soon would-be psychiatrists will be required to study poker forums as part of their training.

• Options
    BustertownBustertown Member Posts: 71
    edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: get a fkn grip sky : Ha, I was not replying to your completely logical post Mr Mumsie, I was more replying to the OP, & musing out loud.   It really does fascinate me how people think this "cashout curse" is somehow the fault of the poker site. I've seen it suggested 10,000 times or more, but not once has anyone tried to explain how it actually works, what the mechanics are. Because they can't, of course. It seems players can say what they like, with no proof or logic, but of course the Sites dare not reply in kind. One way street, & all that. It's bang wrong. IMO, obv.       
    Posted by Tikay10
    Perhaps the "cashout curse" is a myth started by....gaming site operators who don't want you to cash out ever! You never know ;-)

Could it also be the fact that people sometimes cash out and stop playing for awhile so they become "ring rusty"?
  • Options
    Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited November 2015
    what people always forget is that if a poker site had its way, everyone would be a wining player - that way all customers happy and paying rake - any fixed / cash out thing is just funny and an uneeded, uneducated spreculation post
  • Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited November 2015
    what people always forget is that if a poker site had its way, everyone would be a wining player - that way all customers happy and paying rake - any fixed / cash out thing is just funny and an uneeded, uneducated spreculation post
    Posted by Nuggy962
    No-one with half a brain believes that it's fixed, but it definitely does happen. When someone has been running exceptionally well and made a few scores, they tend to withdraw their winnings. Things then even out statistically: they start to revert to the mean which of course means losing after being on such a heater. It has nothing to do with cashing out, more to chance evening out.

• Options
    70theo70theo Member Posts: 40
    edited November 2015
    what about the fact that sky makes so much money in various ways. are they really going to fix poker tournaments or specific hands,with people who have cashed out.i see it all the time,its fixed or you work for sky{I took that as a compliment},he said I knew his hand,i did but that's called quality play{lol}. even that sky looks after its regulars,its just laughable.
  • Options
    COSMICKENCOSMICKEN Member Posts: 24
    edited November 2015
    if these young guys can hack talk talk so can sky? do us yes! csicyber
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    what about the fact that sky makes so much money in various ways. are they really going to fix poker tournaments or specific hands,with people who have cashed out.i see it all the time,its fixed or you work for sky{I took that as a compliment},he said I knew his hand,i did but that's called quality play{lol}. even that sky looks after its regulars,its just laughable.
    Posted by 70theo

So do you or dont you "work" for sky then ?