You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Right/Wrong play

DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
edited December 2021 in Strategy
This is a final table of a £2BH I had 49000 chips, Opponent had 127000. other players had 59000, 110000 and 48000. bb 1250 2500. Hand played 1 limp, Opponent raised to 8750 with 88, I AI 46000 with AQs limper folded raiser called. My thoughts were I could get player to fold or if he called I was at the top of my range and could win the hand which would put me in a good position with more of a chance to win. Is this the right thinking, lost the flip.

Comments

• Options
    BigRonnieCBigRonnieC Member Posts: 186
    edited September 2015
    What were exact positions and player actions before this? If you wanna know what to do with AQs v 88 learn to win some lose some. You took a toin coss and lost, it happens many times at end of an mtt.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited September 2015
    In Response to Right/Wrong play:
    This is a final table of a £2BH I had 49000 chips, Opponent had 127000. other players had 59000, 110000 and 48000. bb 1250 2500. Hand played 1 limp, Opponent raised to 8750 with 88, I AI 46000 with AQs limper folded raiser called. My thoughts were I could get player to fold or if he called I was at the top of my range and could win the hand which would put me in a good position with more of a chance to win. Is this the right thinking, lost the flip.
    Posted by DoyleBrun
    You played it correctly, potentially he is isolating weak and we just win whats out there. There are no short stacks that effect our decision. Win the flip next time is all I can say!
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    edited September 2015
    Yes thank you I think if I won the flip I would not of posted, but if everyone has a good stack compared to yours then it is fine to go AI.
  • Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited September 2015
    Shoving with the AQ much better than calling a shove with it. As played looks fine. 
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 828
    edited September 2015
    Shipping AQc for 20bb can never be a bad play Imo. Got at least 30% v everything except AA. 
    The only time I'd consider folding this is If I have a read that the opener is a massive nit. I'm shoving there and rather happy about it. Also most the money is at the top so it pays to be risk-inclined in spots such as these
  • Options
    grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    edited November 2015