You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

55bh - Overs + FD Facing Donk + Call

Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
edited December 2021 in Strategy
This is the 9pm 55bh fwiw, so the slower/deeper one, not the MBI.

What is your preferred line here?

Obv we aint folding but what do you think is the best way to play it?

What do you think first villain leads, what does the shorty flat with, do we have FE?

While we do have great equity against almost all hands, do we wanna raise if we have no FE? If we flat though and brick turn it's going to very likely be a c/f turn which is a bit urgh.

What you think?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Baller626 Small blind  125.00 125.00 22500.50
nyatsocow2 Big blind  250.00 375.00 5833.75
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • Q

alandutch Fold     
Lambert180 Raise  500.00 875.00 7261.25
panov12 Fold     
Baller626 Call  375.00 1250.00 22125.50
nyatsocow2 Call  250.00 1500.00 5583.75
Flop

Baller626 Bet  750.00 2250.00 21375.50
nyatsocow2 Call  750.00 3000.00 4833.75

Comments

• Options
    BigHawk89BigHawk89 Member Posts: 627
    edited December 2015
    I'd just call and see a turn keep in worse FDs. If we were a little shallower probably just get it in think they can be donking worse hands/draws than ours.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited December 2015
    My line would change a lot based on opponents and reads on them. Readless I think flat is default option. 
    We do have a nice hand but its 3 way, a paired board and our draw isnt nutted. 
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited December 2015
    Well you asked for discussion, so I'll chip in. Not expecting to be advising you or anyone, just sharing my thoughts on that spot. 

Personally I dont like raising with a drawing hand, or to represent an overpair, against 2 opponents who have invested chips post flop. Just 1 opponent it's an easy reraise.

Here I'd just call.

Is the risk of making a big raise here really worth it to try and get folds and what size bet are we expecting to get both players to fold, what sort of holdings?

trip 7s/FH and str8 and flush draws are in the playable range of both players.

One or two calls after our raise and/or a reraise and we are in terrible shape.

• Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited December 2015
    Cheers all. Don't do yourself down Phantom, whenever I've seen you discuss HHs you always seem to have a very solid understanding of the game.

Fwiw, I hope no-one is put off commenting on any of these hands because of how good they think they are etc. If you want to improve then it's good to get involved either way. Back in the day I used to alwaysss put my thoughts on hands in the clinic and I was pretty clueless back then but it was still really good cos then people would reply to me and explain why my thought process was flawed, so it was a great way to remove some dodgy thought processes I had.

So even if people do feel 'under-qualified' to give advice, they can explain how they think about the hand and then other people can give them feedback and should find they really get something out of it.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: 55bh - Overs + FD Facing Donk + Call:
    Cheers all. Don't do yourself down Phantom, whenever I've seen you discuss HHs you always seem to have a very solid understanding of the game. Fwiw, I hope no-one is put off commenting on any of these hands because of how good they think they are etc. If you want to improve then it's good to get involved either way. Back in the day I used to alwaysss put my thoughts on hands in the clinic and I was pretty clueless back then but it was still really good cos then people would reply to me and explain why my thought process was flawed, so it was a great way to remove some dodgy thought processes I had. So even if people do feel 'under-qualified' to give advice, they can explain how they think about the hand and then other people can give them feedback and should find they really get something out of it.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Agree with Lambo about the bolded part. 

The thing with HH most of the time is someone has posted a hand because they are not sure how to play it. Everyones opinion is valueable especially when they add the rationale behind it. The more responses the better. 
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    edited December 2015
    Not the best person to give advice but this hand is very similar to all the ones I have been busting myself with I would try and see cheap cards but the donk bet scares me I use it when I am strong because I panic against better players also you are against the blinds which can be quite random
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited December 2015
    Fold:p
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 828
    edited December 2015
    Definitely just peeling here. Think that its unlikely that opponent is going to donk 3 6's here, I would expect hearts, jacks and queens to be outs very often. Think we're too deep to stack off and we also have position