You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Im hoping to improve in MTTs £10,000 BH LR Sat 2nd Jan

mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
edited December 2021 in Strategy
I drastically need help in my MTT career so Ill start here. 

Im not even sure what question to ask!

Reads on me ,Im a losing player.

Reads on  Villianio .

Villianio SS graph is consistantly winning at a 30 degree upward slope over 500 hands, So he knows what hes about

(reserved, maybe Ill have better reads when ive reviewed the full HH)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
moose101Small blind 125.00125.006962.50
AKallin14Big blind 250.00375.0018005.00
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • Q

jellyellieFold    
TheDartFold    
mumsieRaise 500.00875.001892.50
Villianio Raise 2750.003625.0011570.00
moose101Fold    
AKallin14Fold    
mumsieAll-in 1892.505517.500.00
Villianio Unmatched bet 357.505160.0011927.50

Comments

• Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited January 2016
    Hey Mumsie,

We start the hand with 2392, so just under 10bb. With this stack we basically wanna be folding or open jamming. 

Opening leaves us in ugly spots like this where we should really raise/fold cos we're behind 100% of the hands any half decent player jams but then we're getting 2/1 so end up calling it off cos we kinda have to now.

In theory people should realise that we should never be folding so should never jam on us with any hand that they aren't happy being called with, but people make mistakes so that's not always gonna be the case. Also it's a satellite so people tend to play tighter/fold more so he may think you can raise and fold to a jam. The point I'm getting to is that I'd open jam here because we'll still have decent equity when called but it will force some people to fold hands better than ours like 22, KJ, A5 etc, hands which they might jam if they think they can get folds but probably wouldn't call a jam with.

In the late stages of satellites we wanna win as many pots as we can without needing to get to showdown. It's one of the few times when the normally 'fishy' logic of 'I'm happy to win what's in the pot now' can be true.

The only caveat is that you have said it's a satellite so in some odd circumstances like we are currently 11/15 and there's 12 seats then I probably just open fold.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Thanks, I take a lot in from your reply.
  • Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited January 2016
    It's a sat. So it's not about mtt play it's about sat play.

Lambie has given you the key points. Shove or fold should be your mantra at that stage subject to knowing what stage it actually was. 

Having min raised what does the shove tell you. Depends on the opponent. If you call you will likely find yourself behind. But you are probably still priced in to call. But if it's a tight villain maybe not. So if close to the bubble you might actually be able to fold this along with a stern reminder not to do it again. 
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Thank you .
    Appreciated.
  • Options
    jakx85jakx85 Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2016
    hey mumsie.... Imo its a sat so your range has to be a lot wider imo i dont really dig ya min raise at this stage.... for me you either jam it in or fold pre flop.... either or as either decision would be the right one to make... imo your only ever getting called by a better hand in this position i think the likes of A2 to A9 K10 K9 K+ Q9 Q+ J10 J9 i think you can get these sort of hands to fold depending what stack were up against of course and what we think our op's calling range is.