You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Quite new to skypoker

jamstawickjamstawick Member Posts: 52
edited December 2021 in Strategy
hi all, first of all new to sky in the sense that i havent really put any volume in on this site copared to PKR and stars. the games run alot different here and i am currently a losing plasyer on the site. going to start playing alot more MTT's here and trying to build up a small to medium size bankroll. ANY ADVICE ould be helpfull thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited January 2016

Morning & welcome to the forum.

Depending on the times/days you can play, here is a very quick guide to some MTT's on the site.

2.20@2.20 - A daily DEEPSTACK enjoyed by a few regulars on here. Starting stack of 5000 so plenty of play for just £2.20 entry fee. Starts at 2.20pm every day with late reg for 12 mins.

7.15pm, 9.15pm, 10.15pm, 11.15pm. - same as above but with late reg for two levels. £2.20 entry. Also a cheaper deepstack @ 7.45pm for only £1.10 entry.

Every MONDAY evening there is a community night combining 3 cheap deepstacks. The 7.15pm/7.45pm & 8.30pm. Entry for all of these only cost £5 TOTAL. All details can be found here...

Other options are MEGA stacks (every Mon/Wed/Frid) at 8.30pm. 10,000 starting stack with loads of play. £5.50 entry fee with 3 levels of late reg.

There is also a 'MINI' event every night @ 8.30pm for £5.50 (£11 on Sundays). These are for all but attract a lot of the smaller bankroll players and are a perfect way to hopefully build up your BR to afford the buy ins to the MAIN EVENT every night at 8pm.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck at the tables.
  • Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Quite new to skypoker:
    hi all, first of all new to sky in the sense that i havent really put any volume in on this site copared to PKR and stars. the games run alot different here and i am currently a losing plasyer on the site. going to start playing alot more MTT's here and trying to build up a small to medium size bankroll. ANY ADVICE ould be helpfull thanks :)
    Posted by jamstawick
    Hi.
    A key consideration is the 6-handed tables on sky. If you're used to playing 9 or 10 handed then you must adapt your game. I've played plenty of full ring MTTs on other sites and basically folded into the money. You can't do that on sky.
    Bounty hunters are very popular here as well and these have a different dynamic again. 6-handed tables often force people to play light, while BHs encourage people to call even lighter!

Like any site, sticking to the basics and playing solid hands in position will earn you some pocket money (this simple tactic has served me OK for years). It's just that 'solid hands' and 'position' have a different meaning with the dynamic you will face here.

Good luck. And put the volume in to make variance your friend.