You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

You do it to yourself you do, and thats what really hurts

grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
edited January 2016 in Strategy
Readless

I hate my line, so flame away

VSmall blind £0.15£0.15£27.00
BBBig blind £0.30£0.45£9.81
 Your hole cards
  • K

MPFold    
grantorinoRaise £0.90£1.35£29.10
BtnFold    
vCall £0.75£2.10£26.25
BBCall £0.60£2.70£9.21
Flop

VCheck    
BBCheck    
grantorinoBet £1.50£4.20£27.60
VCall £1.50£5.70£24.75
BBFold    
Turn

VCheck    
grantorinoCheck    
River

• Q

VBet £4.28£9.98£20.47
grantorinoRaise £13.06£23.04£14.54
VAll-in £20.47£43.51£0.00

Comments

• mrleemr1mrleemr1 Member Posts: 143
    edited January 2016
    Fold pre.
    Bet flop bigger.

Bet turn.

Yeah gotta shove river
  • rancidrancid Member Posts: 5,913
    edited January 2016
    snap river as played

pretty much bet all streets
  • radiofed28radiofed28 Member Posts: 78
    edited January 2016
    Pre is fine imo. 

The only time I think you want to check back the turn is when you have a very good player here who might overbet river often or check/raise turning pairs into bluffs, thinking you cannot have the flush. At these stakes I would never do that, and would bet/bet/bet 100% of the time. 
  • percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804
    edited January 2016
    Granto - the only interesting part about this hand for me is the turn and while I think your check is fine in certain situations, more often than not I think the higher EV play (vs an unknown) will be to bet. 

I won't go into the spots where I think checking is actually a good play because  I don't think it's relevant here. 

As played, the river seems pretty standard and I'd semi-reluctantly call off. I simply think it's too likely that villain is shoving a worse flush (not saying he will turn up with a worse flush with a very high percentage, but it should, in my opinion, be a high enough percentage to justify calling off with the 2nd nuts with our pot odds). 

folding pre would be a mistake unless you're vs 3 very aggressive 3bettors

edit: and grant, feel free to pm me sometime and I'll go over the turn spot with you in some more detail
  • F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited January 2016
    I mean standard is obv to bet turn 90%+ of the time but if you're up against a reg who you battle a lot I do like adding some deception into my play. We will lose +ev on the turn decision but gain ev on river decisions in this hand (and in future hands) where villain might give us a cheap SD instead of going for a thin v-bet.

If I am checking turn though I'm also raising river more than you did. I may even just jam.