You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

DYM bubble, Thoughts please.

davelufcdavelufc Member Posts: 1,370
edited December 2021 in Strategy
Just wondering what the DYM regs would do in this spot,,

Do i call and risk losing half my stack (ish) or fold and wait for a better spot..

Or is the right chance to knock a player out and cash??
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Davedude6 Small blind  75.00 75.00 2785.00
davelufc Big blind  150.00 225.00 5140.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

HPsauce Fold    1710.00
CHIZ All-in  2215.00 2440.00 0.00
Davedude6 Fold     
davelufc ???? 

Comments

• Options
    67Bhoys67Bhoys Member Posts: 2,553
    edited December 2015

I would fold here, but I have to confess that I do not play holdem too often.

The reason I fold, is that you are putting half your chips at risk, when you do not know if you are ahead.  The player shoving isn't exactly short stacked, so you have to give him credit for having a hand of merit.

If he has AK AQ AJ you are dominated, if he has a pair you are flipping at best.

Also, the short stack is in the BB next hand, and he would be loving life if 2 bigger stacks get it in before it comes to him.

No need to get involved.

For me it's a fold.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,219
    edited December 2015

^^^^

"No need to get involved.

For me it's a fold"

Exactly my thoughts.

We don't know the stacks of the 3rd & 4th players, but they only have 5,000 between them. (One may be really short). Meanwhile, we have 43% of the chips in play.

I have no idea what the serious heads do here, but I'm locked up because I am almost certain to cash. Blinds are only 75-150, there will be plenty of time to find a better spot than this.

And when in doubt, betting/shoving beats calling all day.

Incidentally, it does not matter whether this is NLH , PLO or PLO8 to me. In this spot, hand ranges are less important - FAR less important - than optimal DYM strategy.

We have no need to get involved here, none at all.

A clear FOLD to me.

I see more players dust off a 5,000 stack than enough, simply because they are in a hurry to get it ended.

Sit quiet, play snug, fire up another table & coast to the win. 

IMO, of course.   

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,285
    edited December 2015
    Irefer the gentleman to the two answers given previously. Fold.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,219
    edited December 2015

Also, I don't know the relative abilities of the other players, but I know this - doubling up a decent player is never sensible.
  • Options
    MrCoxyMrCoxy Member Posts: 234
    edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: DYM bubble, Thoughts please.:
    Also, I don't know the relative abilities of the other players, but I know this - doubling up a decent player is never sensible.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Doubling up any player is never sensible lol
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited January 2016
    I don't know about ICM in these spots but I'd want at least 60% equity minimum to even consider calling. Possibly even 65% eq. Villain has to be shoving 50% of hands just to have 60% and even if he's shoving 100% of hands we only have 63% equity. So yeah; clear fold.
  • Options
    BigRonnieCBigRonnieC Member Posts: 186
    edited January 2016
    In Response to DYM bubble, Thoughts please.:
    Just wondering what the DYM regs would do in this spot,, Do i call and risk losing half my stack (ish) or fold and wait for a better spot.. Or is the right chance to knock a player out and cash?? Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Davedude6 Small blind   75.00 75.00 2785.00 davelufc Big blind   150.00 225.00 5140.00   Your hole cards 10 A       HPsauce Fold       1710.00 CHIZ All-in   2215.00 2440.00 0.00 Davedude6 Fold         davelufc ????  
    Posted by davelufc

You'd be calling about half your stack for about evens odds. Blinds are 75/150 so plenty of time to go before it comes to shove ATC. 

A10 is OK here in a tourney but in a DYM just fold unless it is someone who shoves every hand (you're still tossing a coin - I lost such a situation in a shove situation to A2 earlier). 

You've more than 30 BBs - a lot more - why risk going to half that without a made hand? You hit a pair 1/3 the time on flop, drop the cards and take a note if he shows.