You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bad play??

BosschopsBosschops Member Posts: 15
edited December 2021 in Strategy
I seem to be running so bad on this site at the moment but this is a hand that knocked me out of my last MTT.

i am dealt AK diamonds blinds are 300/600 and have around 14k i only need to hold on for 10 more places to satelite into the main tourney this guy utg hasnt folded a hand in god knows how long and is very agressive he min raises i call everyone else folds so i am in position anyway flop comes 4d 8s 9d i raise 3/4 of pot he calls next card comes As he checks i bet half the pot he re raises all in i call he turns over 10Q spades and hits the K spades on river to get the flush. 

my thinking behind just calling instead of re raising pre flop was to see the flop if i hit i know i will get paid off by this guy.

any advice on how i should have played this hand? Did i play it wrong? I would post the hand although for some reason it wont let me.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,219
    edited February 2016

Hi Boss,

There are lots of different ways to play this hand, & I'm sure the better players will be along to say you should have done this, that or the other.

In fact, I don't think it matters in this case, as at no stage is Villain (if you have described him fairly) is ever folding.

But that misses the point.

"I seem to be running so bad on this site......" 

Losing with A-Kdd to Q-10ss is not running bad, not even close, you were 62% to win pre flop, he was 38% to win pre flop. 

Put another way, run that hand 10 times, & you'll win 6 times & lose 4 times.

That's not even close to running bad, it's perfectly standard.

You need to accept that no matter what we do, we can't beat the maths. 

When these "beats" happen, shrug your shoulders, & move on, forget all about it.

2 other tips to help stop this pointless negativity.

1) Play more tables. That reduces variance, & stops you dwelling on perceived bad plays or bad beats.

2) If the beats are hurting too much, play at lower stakes relative to your bankroll.

Good luck Boss.

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    edited February 2016
    I think we need a little more info, you stated this is a sattelite, can you clariify your position;

Do you need to move up 10 places or 10 behind you need to bust?

If its the latter, what are the stack sizes of the shorties?

What is the villains stack?