You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

RicOrford vs RichOrford

KickaStinkKickaStink Member Posts: 40
edited February 2016 in Team Talk
I have played on the same table as RicOrford, but I could swear I've also seen a RichOrford talking in the Sky Poker chat box.

Please can somebody clear up which is the 'real' Richard Orford?

Have Sky thought of adding some sort of icon (equivalent to the 'red spade' on a certain other popular site) so we know definitively when a Sky-affiliated player is at our table?

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,855
    edited February 2016

Many years ago, we used to have various Promos & Challenges, including something called TKO, where Rich Orford captained one Team of players, & me another, & "Play the Presenter".

Sky Poker funded the buy ins for Rich & I in these Promos, & so we used our "Company Accounts".  His was "RichOrford" I seem to recall, & mine was "TIKAY10".

That was why we had those Accounts, which were in the Company Name. The Company funded them, kept the winnings, or paid the losses.

That was around 8 years ago I think.

Both Rich & I still play on site, but we play on our own accounts, with our own money.

He is "RicOrford" I think, & I am "tikay1".

We did have "special avatars" when we played on the Company Accounts, but as "private" players now, we have regular avatars, the same as everyone else. To do otherwise would be elitist.

• TeddyBloatTeddyBloat Member Posts: 1,419
    edited February 2016
    Orfords account is generally seen deep stacked on the final table of big field mtts.

Tikay's account is usually seen folding in pl08 dyms.

That's one way of spotting them...
    edited February 2016

This is true.

My FOLD button don't half take some hammer in the course of a session. 

A geezer in the chat box accused me of colluding recently, said I had not played a single hand against my alleged co-colluder in 5 levels.

I generally ignore such drivel, but I was pleased to respond "true, but I've not played a single hand against ANYONE in the first 5 levels". 

People often wonder if I'm away, though when it gets 4 handed, I have a little gear change & get a bit lively.

• KickaStinkKickaStink Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2016
    Gotcha. So they are BOTH the real Slim Shady!

Thanks for explaining Tony.

Richard is a sneaky beggar, portraying himself as a 'noob' on the TV show... I don't mind admitting RicOrford played like a boss.
    edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: RicOrford vs RichOrford:
    Gotcha. So they are BOTH the real Slim Shady! Thanks for explaining Tony. Richard is a sneaky beggar, portraying himself as a 'noob' on the TV show... RicOrford  played like a boss.
    Posted by KickaStink
    Funny you should say that, I used to do an Eminem Tribute Act, crotch grabbing & everything.

"May I have your attention please

May I have your attention please

Look at him, walking around grabbing his you-know-what

Flipping the you-know-who." "Yeah, but he's so cute though""
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,018
    edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: RicOrford vs RichOrford : Funny you should say that, I used to do an Eminem Tribute Act, crotch grabbing & everything. "May I have your attention please May I have your attention please Look at him, walking around grabbing his you-know-what Flipping the you-know-who." "Yeah, but he's so cute though""
    Posted by Tikay10
    Your own hopefully
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,326
    edited February 2016
    If there is a TV presenter  groping scandal being unearthed here ?

Who was the better player ? Tk or TO ?
    edited February 2016
    If there is a TV presenter  groping scandal being unearthed here ? Who was the better player ? Tk or TO ?
    Posted by mumsie
    We played 4 rounds, I won 5 of them.