You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

poker points next to useless here?

TrenMonstaTrenMonsta Member Posts: 7
edited March 2016 in Feedback & Suggestions
At first the VIP system sounded quite rewarding here, however now that i've played thousands of hands ive realised it's all nonsense. It makes it sound like you get rakeback for your points each week but it's totally missleading, you only get that if you earn enough points and it's very unlikely that you will get that many points unless you play at higher stakes.

Ive been playing a couple of hours every day of 9-10 tables at NL4, and have not come close to the amount of points required to start getting rakeback. So unless you are prepared to play NL4 for like 10 hours a day, or you are playing higher stakes you cannot get any rakeback or rewards other than a £2.20 tourney token and some freerolls which are not of interest to many cash game players anyway.

What's worse is the points you accumulate over time are basically useless, you cant buy anything with them other than 20 point buyin sngs (thanks that's really what I want to spend my time using thounsands of points on?!). There is no "points to cash convertor" or a VIP store to buy anything like bonuses so they just carry on accumulating without there being any way to spend them.

Seriously what is the use in them?!

Comments

• Options
    The_RuinerThe_Ruiner Member Posts: 58
    edited March 2016
    In Response to poker points next to useless here?:
    At first the VIP system sounded quite rewarding here, however now that i've played thousands of hands ive realised it's all nonsense. It makes it sound like you get rakeback for your points each week but it's totally missleading, you only get that if you earn enough points and it's very unlikely that you will get that many points unless you play at higher stakes. Ive been playing a couple of hours every day of 9-10 tables at NL4, and have not come close to the amount of points required to start getting rakeback. So unless you are prepared to play NL4 for like 10 hours a day, or you are playing higher stakes you cannot get any rakeback or rewards other than a £2.20 tourney token and some freerolls which are not of interest to many cash game players anyway. What's worse is the points you accumulate over time are basically useless, you cant buy anything with them other than 20 point buyin sngs (thanks that's really what I want to spend my time using thounsands of points on?!). There is no "points to cash convertor" or a VIP store to buy anything like bonuses so they just carry on accumulating without there being any way to spend them. Seriously what is the use in them?!
    Posted by TrenMonsta
    i could not agree with your more mate.
    I posted on here earlier this year and there are players on here that have 100,000's of poker points that will never be used.
    worse than that, if you have a week off and go on holiday come back and you are not eligible for the daily freerolls!

they should change this and give everyone a different starting stack in the daily freeroll depending on how many points you have earned during the previous week.
    if you have been on holiday you can still enter but with a nominal amount of starting chips rather than have loyal customers excluded.
    ultimately I think sky have got it wrong with their loyalty programme at the moment. its feels too much like having a sky tv subscription! if you've been with them for years your annual cost just seems to go up every year, yet the new subscribers get some amazing deals.
    I don't think skypoker are doing anything any different from other poker sites, they are all in business to make money whilst providing a service to its customers.
    monthly bonuses could be better, but then again they are not obliged to give these so I for one am grateful every time they send one my way!

I wonder if the points are just used as a measurement of player activity on the site?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,406
    edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: poker points next to useless here?:
     worse than that, if you have a week off and go on holiday come back 
    Posted by The_Ruiner

If your not getting your holiday entitlement, join priority. they get looked after.

points are just used as a measurement of player activity on the site?
    Posted by The_Ruiner

i think I saw someone repping sky  post that thats how they were viewed.

A freeroll tier system for points might be on the cards, it happened the last few weeks with a few teething problems.

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: poker points next to useless here?:
    In Response to poker points next to useless here? : i could not agree with your more mate. I posted on here earlier this year and there are players on here that have 100,000's of poker points that will never be used. worse than that, if you have a week off and go on holiday come back and you are not eligible for the daily freerolls! they should change this and give everyone a different starting stack in the daily freeroll depending on how many points you have earned during the previous week. if you have been on holiday you can still enter but with a nominal amount of starting chips rather than have loyal customers excluded. ultimately I think sky have got it wrong with their loyalty programme at the moment. its feels too much like having a sky tv subscription! if you've been with them for years your annual cost just seems to go up every year, yet the new subscribers get some amazing deals. I don't think skypoker are doing anything any different from other poker sites, they are all in business to make money whilst providing a service to its customers. monthly bonuses could be better, but then again they are not obliged to give these so I for one am grateful every time they send one my way! I wonder if the points are just used as a measurement of player activity on the site?
    Posted by The_Ruiner
    Top analogy 

• Options
    TrenMonstaTrenMonsta Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2016
    If they could make it so you could buy a bonus with your points after you have enough, a bonus that you would need to clear by playing then that would improve things a lot. Most sites allow you to do this, and given that Sky Poker's rakeback% is sky high (forgive the pun) im pretty sure there is room to incoperate this.