You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

cash game buy in ins

edited June 2009 in Poker Chat
whats the point in buying in to a £0.10 / £0.20 cash game for £5 (or less)

i keep seeing it all the time!!

people blow the money in a few hands then buy in for another £5 (or less!!)

Comments

• Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited June 2009
    On the occasions I play cash games i rarely buy in the full amount, usually it's no more than half the maximum. My reason for doing this is that should I bust out and lose the lot then I walk away & I've lost all that I was prepared to lose. Likewise, should I run hot then my ROI is bigger.

Like you Steve, I can't really understand someone buying in for a small amount if they're going to reload when they lose it (more often than not) quickly. Surely if you're planning on doing that then you're better off buying in for a bigger amount?
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited June 2009
    Personally, I hate being at a table full of shortstackers.  However, there are some very successful shortstackers, although I havent come across many on this site. I always buy in for 100 bb`s. If I couldnt afford that, I would move down.

The more sophisticated shortstackers have certain strategies that would be different than if they bought in full, and they know the full stackers have to adjust their own game against them.

One thing that springs to mind....If a tight shortstacker raises, and a full stacker holds maybe 66, most of the time you cant call as you are rarely getting the implied odds to hit your set
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited June 2009
    i like to buyin to a ring game usually with the full amount, i can relax and won't be worried by the blinds, i usually play 25/50 but had alot of success on the 50/1 yesterday. Ive started looking at the stacks on the table before i sit and if say the most someone has got on the 25/50 is £40 then i will only sit down with £40. I also hate the guys who sit down with minimum buyin, but you know they arent there for the long run and usually last about 10minutes.
  • Options
    CLIOKIDCLIOKID Member Posts: 783
    edited June 2009
    Buying in for 10 BB should not be allowed.
  • Options
    cabbie007cabbie007 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2009
    Short stackers you gotta love em

I always sit with 100BB and if a short stacker or two join my table then start laying big bets for a quick double up I just pick my spot and crush them lol

They are like cash points they nearly always RELOAD